New crazy idea for the hub 3

I don’t know if this could be possible, but the hub could integrate a wireless charging on top of it, and include the capability in all new SmartSense things to be wirelessly charged by it, that way we don’t have to be changing batteries , we just have to put our presence sensor or motion sensor or anything on top of the hub and it will charge, what do u guys think? BTW I’m new to this, I haven’t bought yet my first hub or set of things, but I’m gonna order like 200 things soon

1 Like

Wish pigs could fly, my friend! ':wink:

Environmentally powered devices are a major area of research.

First, engineers are working on ways to minimize power usage… Super low power RAM, etc.

Next, get power from ambient heat, motion (door opens and closes around a contact sensor should recharge it!), radio waves…

Electricity without cables sounds great, but we are still 2-3 years away from it being in regular homes, but the wireless qi standard (I believe that’s the name) that is used on most recent cellphones/tablets could be implemented , it shouldn’t be that hard (except for the part of the cost and the size of devices)