New Color Theme in ST App?

Mine is showing up in blue instead of green I think I missed something. I have had a few rough days with ST and this is not helping my sanity.

Pictures would help understand better

I have a mix, blue and green. Everything seems to work though.

what @rhoffer says.

Reply from support
Ethan
The color of the devices within the Things view of the app are a function of the device type handler. We’re making a change to the color and havent changed all of the device type handlers yet.

2 Likes

Oh I see
They need more shades of blue

Yeah, just noticed all my RGB bulbs and ST/iris plugs are blue as well. Wonder what’s the reasoning behind it.

My een vents have always been blue. Also wondering why the change to other devices.

Logical if you are in the USA the Blue and Red states. Let’s change the green to red for fun.Ha Ha

2 Likes

Because they just aligned most to green, except the vents
after about 2 years

Noticed some of my open close sensors are blue others green, same with bulbs Guess we will see where they end up.

For my in-wall Wemo switches the status is now blue in the Thing list but still green on the main device page.

FCOL. Apparently, SmartThings developers just like messing around with colors, for the lack of better things to do. And you would think they’d be busy working on really important stuff. :confused:

4 Likes

darn wikileaks!

2 Likes

Too freaking funny, we went with blue what?, about a year ago?, then a few days later that got pulled and back to green we went
, now blue again, which I like better anyway

3 Likes

This seems like another botched change to me. Most people are going to have a mixture of native and custom community device handlers, so now we are going to have an inconsistent UI with some devices green and others blue. WHY?!?!?!

1 Like

Agreed
between blue green yellow orange, it’s not very consistent. Ideally we should be able to modify at user level. Color based solely on stock vs custom DH doesn’t make sense

2 Likes

It looks like a Christmas tree and is sending my OCD into overdrive.

Or even just told us what was going on instead of us all wondering WTH.

2 Likes

The new blue is #00A0DC

Here is their change:

2 Likes

they don’t even comply to it either - at least their LAN Hue Bridge / LAN Hue Dimmable are still using the green 
 the only ST consistency is the ST inconsistency