New app — which CUSTOM DTH’s will work?

Anyone have any ideas about this one:

It’s using generic-leak-3 which now makes me have to assume there is also a generic-leak-2 out there and also possibly other variants of others.

Good question. Looks like it has the same capabilities as the smartsense moisture sensor, so not sure why it uses a different VID.

Anyone find a VID for Air Conditioner?

Have you tried adding OCF device type of “oic.d.airconditioner” ?

1 Like

Change DTH in the device settings to any DTH in the list other then the one you need and then change back to the one you need…

Also: this thread is extremely helpful, thank you ST users!

1 Like

Hi. I tried everything you’ve write above, but I still have all devices disconnected in the new app. Any idea?
(I have netatmo weather station, my own computer DTH, Qubino Shutter module, a simple virtual switch, etc.)

Awesome! That worked! Thanks!

Anyone tried to make a custom VID in the new dev portal and got it working in a DTH?

I can create one, but it does not work

Currently using the Momentary Off Button in a lot of places to support voice commands like “turn everything off” instead of “turn everything off on”. None of those work in the new app. All get the device not connected error. Anybody else using this DTH by @kewashi?

A bummer as that turn everything off voice command is used 365 days of the year, at least once a day. Stacks at the top of the most used automations in my house.

I still use this many years later in my HousePanel app with no issues.

To be clear, it works great. Thanks! It is only in the new Smartthings App that it isn’t working. Works in ActiveTiles, works in the old Smartthings app. This thread was about the new app and your reverse momentary button appears to fail in the new app.

It’s my understanding, based on what one of the ST engineers wrote, The “momentary” attribute is not going to be supported in the new app.

1 Like

Okay - got it. Thanks for the info. I think one can accomplish a similar function using a standard switch with some custom code to turn it back on after some small period of time has passed. Or for a reverse button turn it back on after some period of time. This is basically what a momentary button does with it a few hundred milliseconds but it need not be done that fast since most people push these only once in a while.

1 Like

I’ve got a weird one regarding the new-new app. Take a look at these to device handlers.

The first one does not show the power meter and energy meter in the new app. The second one does.

The first one does show the correct on/off value and icon on the device list screen. The second one does not. It shows a “-” in the current on/off status and the icon is always colored (not grey).

I’m baffled.

assign a VID to them

I will, but that doesn’t explain the differences.

just did. It didn’t help.

which vid? did you also force close app, assign to different DTH, assign back, and then re-open app?

I used mnmn:“SmartThings”, vid:“generic-switch-power-energy”. I’ll try force closing.

Just FYI, that is not enough for me. I have to do the change DTH on the device and change back trick for it to force an update in the STSC app.

2 Likes