New App: Travel Time Guru (Beta)

I get this too. It’s an issue on the API side not much I can do I don’t think. Might be able to trick it out but it shouldn’t affect the the app overall

I set it up but cant try it yet. My only option is push and that will goto all phones and I don’t want that. Can you set it to do sms or even better…PushBullet?

Stay tuned :smile:

1 Like

I have set the app to run upon detecting motion. But not sure when the trigger actually occurs.

It occurs anytime there is motion and the mode is correct. I’ll be adding time restrictions by the end of the day.

Not sure if this is even possible or even under the scope of this app but I figured I would mention it. I usually take the same route to work every day and it would be nice to know if there is an issue on that route so I can go a different way. Usually what happens is I get stuck in traffic and then check Google maps to see where the traffic is. An alert when I leave the house telling me is trouble on my usual route would be awesome.
I should get in the habit of checking manually each morning but something automatic would be great!
Just my $.02, if it’s even possible.

Good idea! Not sure how possible it is but it’s on the list :smile:

1 Like

App updated. Go pull the new stuff. Time restrictions, day restrictions and some cosmetic stuff.

1 Like

Small update. Some cosmetic changes. Take a look its pretty cool! :smile:

1 Like

Anyone else read that as “Time Travel Guru” when they first saw the thread title? Now THAT would help with the morning commute. :smile:

3 Likes

Haha yeah, I’ve typed it that way many times… lol

1 Like

@tslagle13,

I have not gotten a push notification from the app yet either for going home or going to work. When I look in the logs it gives me the time until/after leave event and time until/after destination event along with the travel time.

@tslagle13 I have got the same case as this. I can see the calculated travel time, but dont get any notifications? Could it be one of STs scheduler issues? Any way to reset it?

Nope.

The current app works for me 100% of the time without fail in every test I have done.

Can you provide me with screenshots of your setup within the app?

@tslagle13 I’m getting this in the log: 06:47:03: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object @ line 709

@benzyne,
Do you have the Mode exception set or are you using the default all modes?

@DarcRanger, exceptions are when I am home, no modes set, M-F, no time restrictions.

As a Test ry to set them all and see if that works. Select all Modes, select at least M-F and set a timeframe like midnight to 11:59 pm.

If that works for you, I do have a version I have modified that I am working on that my get around this potential issue.

@DarcRanger, thanks. I’ll do that and report back tomorrow morning.

@DarcRanger, the app did not work again this morning. I’m trying to get a log report, but the IDE is having difficulty accessing info before 0710 (I just get the spinning wheel).

If I manually touch the TTG App, it updates properly with Bing Maps and I can see the travel time to my destination. In the Live Logging, the calculations are correct. My trigger (a motion sensor in the kitchen) doesn’t seem to be triggering the App to start even though it triggers other automations like lights.