[OBSOLETE] Thermostat Mode Director

I’m using an official unofficial latest Nest device type. Push notifications turned off though. Using your latest code minus that test mentioned in my last post. I’ll try to think what else might be unique in my setup.

1 Like

@Dlee Updating the Git now. Check it out.

@Dlee

Did some more thinking this morning and further updated the logic. Version 2.1.1 is now available.

@tslagle13 awesome. I installed and will keep on eye on it. Of course it’s cold outside today. So maybe I’ll test with an internal temp device when I get home tonight.

1 Like

Is there anywhere that shows the changes made?

You can go to my GIT and look at the history/blame

1 Like

Thanks, I am tweaking it and trying to figure out how I want to use it.

1 Like

@tslagle13 testing tonight, the temp based hot, cold, neutral parts look good. It worked and no repeating off commands. But after I open the contact sensor/window I do see an occasional harmless repeat off command sent to the thermostat. So the doorcheck may still result in repeating off commands.

I then closed the window, and changed the temp device back to my 47 degree outside weather station temp. Waited a while but the on/heat command never did get sent to the thermostat. The temp didn’t change during this time so maybe no chance to trigger. I didn’t have that much time to test. Just sharing the info. I’ll look into it more on the weekend probably.

1 Like

The way it should work it it records the last mode and temps for the thermostat. Once you close all the doors it will restore these settings. A command will not be sent again until either the high or low threshold it met. Also, every time you open a door it will send the off command if any of the doors/windows are still open.

Updated to 2.1.2

Improved the open contact logic a little bit. Should run better now.

@Dlee give it a shot!

1 Like

Aye captain.

You know you rock, right?

1 Like

awwwwwww shucks.

1 Like

It’s running perfect. No more redundant off when the window is open. Resumes as it should with window close or temp change.

:thumbsup:

1 Like

Tim, this is great work! With zoning, it is recommended to NOT keep the thermostats on auto mode, so your app comes very handy. Just installed it for each of my thermostats. One suggestion for future developments, is to add temperature set-up. For example, if temperature falls below 68, switch to heat and set temperature to X degrees. Likewise for cooling, if temperature exceeds 80, switch to cool and set temperature to say… 76. This would be helpful for multi-zoning application, where two or more thermostats are not kept on the same temperature. Thanks for all your work…Bobby

1 Like

Updated to Version 3.0

Made it look pretty and added pretty colors :smile:

1 Like

Hi, Very new to SmartThings, your “app/script” looks to be exactly what I need. I want to have the AC turn off when the French doors in the house are open. I have 3 sets and 2 different thermostats to control.

I am wondering if you could help in guiding me on how exactly to install this into the SmartThings app.

Thanks so much, any assistance s Greatly Appreciated,

David@gvpdsj.com

This is great, thanks! I only needed the feature to turn off the thermostat when the doors are open so I set all the thermostat modes to auto and put the high and low temps 1 degree apart.

1 Like

I’m having a slight issue, I have it set to shut off/on the thermostat when the Deck Sliding door opens or closes. The only issue is that it never tells the thermostat to turn back on. It goes into Off fine, but I have to manually tell it to go back to auto. I was hoping that a simple open/close to go onto the deck wouldn’t affect the thermostat, but having the door open for 5 minutes would cause the switch to off, and then once the door is closed again, it would fire up the thermostat. Thoughts?

This is exactly how it works. Check the setup of your app. Also, make sure you’re on the latest version, if not, no guarantees.