[OBSOLETE] Thermostat Mode Director

Is it reasonable to have more than one instance of this SmartApp installed? In my case, I’ve installed one for each mode (e.g. Home - Morning, Home - Day, Home - Evening, Home - Night, etc.). I then set each instance to run only for its corresponding mode. This way I can set the High Temp threshold for different times of day. The reason is that I want a higher threshold during the day, then set it lower at night for better sleeping comfort.

The issue I’ve been seeing is the app instances appear to run inconsistently. For instance, when I got up this morning the thermostat was set to Cool, even though the temperature was 59 degrees F and the high threshold was set to 75 degrees F for the Home - Morning instance. I opened the settings of the Home - Morning app instance, changed nothing, then clicked ‘Done’. Soon after the app fired and set the thermostat to Off as expected.

I’m thinking its related to the recent scheduler issues (http://community.smartthings.com/t/scheduler-quits-after-some-minutes-hours-or-days/16997/89), but I wanted to also check if running multiple instances of this SmartApp was feasible, as long as each instance was mutually exclusive of the others based on modes.