[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Thanks to this thread I finally got my alarm working with my hub. The ability to have my alarm disarm when myself or wife is in proximity is brilliant.

Can you please tell me who’s version of the code or app you used?

I used the @Oendaril device handler.

I am getting same error code, can you share what worked for you?

de5960e0-7fa5-4f5d-9215-09bac778e479 12:02:21 PM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed with status code 500
de5960e0-7fa5-4f5d-9215-09bac778e479 12:02:21 PM: debug error response json: [:]
de5960e0-7fa5-4f5d-9215-09bac778e479 12:02:21 PM: warn error parsing xml: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
de5960e0-7fa5-4f5d-9215-09bac778e479 12:02:21 PM: debug error response data: Cannot convert null to System.Int32.
Parameter name: type —> Input string was not in a correct format.

Created a new user specific for this use. Prompt for user code is disabled. I tried both with my primary credentials and this newly created user with the same results.

For clarification this is the tester app I used to get my 6 digit location and device id, and the device handler code for the new device.

I got it. After over a couple of hours of trial and error, it appears on of my users (not the one I just created or the master) had an outdated password (did not meet the current Honeywell requirements of having a symbol), after logging into the platform and resetting the password, everything seems to be working.

Now I have run into another problem. Alexa does not support unlocking smart devices. Fine.

I went into my smartthings hub and created scenes, one to arm and one to disarm the alarm and tried to link them to an Alexa routine. Well, Smartthings detects that the command is coming from Alexa and gives me a notification that although the scene can be triggered by witthings, it cannot do so at this time because Alexa does not support this feature.

All of the above works for a “light switch” on and off or armed stay, however I want to use armed away which is seen as a lock and therefore gives the above trouble.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I rarely use armed stay, any way to switch the functionality for the light switch to be armed away?

TIA

1 Like

A workaround may be to add a new virtual switch that triggers lock/unlock.

Something like this: Using Virtual Switch to trigger Routine?

Hi, I really don’t know anything about programming etc but have tried to follow the steps in the different threads but don’t get anything to work. If there is someone that knows what they are doing that could help me to install this I would be extremely great full. I just want the system to arm at midnight and shut off at 6:30am. That’s all I need. Hope someone can help. Thanks a lot

I cannot arm or disarm, it just returns -4002 error, I did use the app to get the location & device. I also have a different user for the location setup not requiring the code to be entered. What else should I be looking at to resolve this issue?

: error Command Type: [body:SessionID=9906ACC2-4E60-4F27-8639-21D88FF79BA8&LocationID=XXXXXX&DeviceID=XXXXXXX&ArmType=1&UserCode=-1, callback:armStay, path:ArmSecuritySystem, retry:0, handler:refresh] failed with ResultCode: -4002 and ResultData: The specified location is not valid

I just installed this ( [RELEASE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration) after ordering and receiving my Envisalink module. Works perfectly!!

So I’ve been trying this for days. And I keep getting this.im getting notification from total connect that I’ve logged in. So not sure what the problem is. Any help? Is option 2 the only one working? Or is there other options?

callback:armAway, path:ArmSecuritySystem, retry:0, handler:refresh] failed with ResultCode: -4114 and ResultData: System User Code not available/invalid in Database

Update: user error I’m now setup correctly. Thanks all!

Hi Jason, others up above have had the same error. Not sure it ever got resolved. I recommend doing a search for 4114 to see what others have said about it.

Hey Brandon. Thanks for responding. He issue was with my user code not being loaded under my access section within total connect. I’d recommend others make sure it’s loaded under access tab there

Is anyone having issues with arming consistently? Disarming has been working great, but arming has been an issue. Seems when I hit the Arm Stay Tile it logs in but doesn’t arm. The weird thing is if I hit the Arm Stay Tile again within the ST device within a minute or so it does in fact arm. Not sure if it is timing out after login, and the 2nd arm stay tile press actually arms it after its already logged in? This happened a few month back but I was able to remedy it by changing the runin at the end of the code to 30. I just got done with deleting and reinstalling everything and it is doing the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been having some inconsistency with all the arming actions (Stay, Night, Away). Not just that, I have been seeing similar (though not at the same level) issues with Total Connect iOS app as well. I have been considering to refactor the code on AWS lambda and take this completely outside of SmartThings, with only Smartthings triggering the lambda function.

I’m glad to hear it’s not just me having the issues. I just checked the TC iOS app, and sure enough, the first tap of the Armed Stay tile in the TC app doesn’t arm either. Just spins and says arming for awhile and then reverts back to disarmed. Must be an issue on there end I guess. Hope they send out an update to correct soon! Lambda would be cool if you find a way to get it working. That’s a bit over my expertise level:)

Same issue here.

I wonder if it as simple as their servers taking longer to authenticate and open the session. They did introduce a new site design. Maybe it’s as simple as adding a delay between authentication and sending the request of a few seconds. Conversely, sending the second request within a few seconds seems to be working so maybe sending the request twice is the approach for the short run.

Sending the request twice is basically the work around that I have been doing. I didn’t modify the code…I just made it so when I leave my Good Bye routine turns on my alarm… then when the mode changes to Away it also sends a request to turn on my alarm. Seems to be working pretty well by doing that. However, it doesn’t seem to work at all for my Goodnight Routine, along with when the mode changes to Night though.

Hello - i am trying to get this installed and Im getting this - error java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @line 106 (login)

any idea what it could be?