[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Yea…lol. also I believe you have to be using both programs using the Async codes. Maybe someone that knows more about that can confirm that for you.

Looks like the Honeywell Gods where finally satisfied with my blood.

All working now, BUUUHAHAHAHAH! :japanese_goblin:

Thanks again for the pointers!

I might be wrong but I had to install this in order.
TCAsync Test app and get your code ID. If you have a home automation system via honeywell than your Device ID is the first 6 digits. If you dont than is the last 6 digits.
After I created the DH and the SmartApp than I created my device and than add it my uid, password, device id and location id.
Saved.
And it worked… I repeated this steps and it was the only way to make it work.

That’s Great! Good to hear. Anytime.

@mhatrey, WOW! I’m new to ST and very confused by everything I’m seeing regarding honeywell totalconnect… I see your app but you also linked to other stuff. Can you pls point me where to look - I really wanna just have ArmAway and Disarm happen based on presence (multiple people, Life360 based), and I’d like to be notified if alarm goes off. I use TotalConnect 2.0 app on my iphone. Panel is (I believe) Vista 20 but I’m not certain if that matters for the simple stuff I’d like to get done. Thanks for any help!

You’ll want to follow the steps I’ve outlined in my post above to get this working. You’ll want to use the TC app for the “notifying” of when the alarm is going off as this integration isn’t meant to help with that.

@triggertact Brandon, thanks of for your help! I got thru to step 6 where I was looking at Live Logging. It gave me this error. Also I’m getting “An unexpected error occurred” in the SmartApp control of the ST mobile app. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to help. However, I’d recommend searching the rest of this topic for some of those same keywords for others that experienced similar or the same issue(s).

1 Like

Hey there. Sorry there is a bug in my code, that does not fetch the right security Device ID. I know what to fix, but have not got time to work on it. I will revise it over this weekend and get back to you.

In the mean time if you know the right security ID, you can by pass that.

1 Like

ok so i am new to this and i am trying to make sense of what i am reading here. i am having trouble getting my smartthings to connect to my honeywell lynx 5100 via total connect, it is saying in the live logging that nop security device found at specific location.
and as i am reading everyone’s comments i am getting confused …is it even still possible to get smartthings to arm/disarm my lynx, i keep seeing people saying that it is blocked atm from total connect?

It works for me. You have to use the (async) methods. In my case, I use the app and handler from @Oendaril and it works great. Could be better if we could update the status but this is currently not possible because Honeywell blocked it.

Ok. Well I need to figure out what I messed up on then lol. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t chasing after some thing I couldn’t catch lol. I have tryed the first six and the last six and both ways I am getting the error message no security device found at that location. Anyone else run into this problem?

Seeing the exact same error message here also. Hopefully Yogesh can correct the bug.

trying to get this working but can’t. too many files and references. is there one post amongst the 700 that is still current and references all the right files and instructions? would really love to get this going, thanks to anyone that can help.

Start here: New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I tried that and didn’t work. I will start fresh today and report findings. Thanks Brandon.

I get to this part

Open the SmartThings mobile app, tap Marketplace at the bottom right, tap SmartApps at the top right, scroll down and tap My Apps, tap “TotalConnect Location and Device Details”, then run through the install using the new TotalConnect user’s credentials. Before clicking Done, open the Live Logging screen in SmartThings IDE on your computer, then click Done in mobile app to complete the install of the SmartApp.

and get Error saving page on the smartthings app. and on the logging screen, i get error java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Ever happened?

Yeah, see the posts just above here. @mhatrey needs to correct some bug I think to resolve that issue.

got past this point. Got the location ID and Device ID and entered it in the settings. When i load it up, hit refresh and it just sits there. Looks like it sends command in log but just doesn’t do anything.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by load it up and hit refresh? What’s being loaded up? The TotalConnect device in your list of things in the SmartThings app? And it’s just not showing the correct current state of the alarm system when you hit refresh?

If so, it’s possible that you need to grab different #s from the full Location and/or Device ID #s in live logging. You may want to read through some of the messages above about other people having different success grabbing different numbers from there.