[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

How long ago did you try this? I included the ST hub no problem, but I don’t have ANY z-wave devices.

Has anyone received this error when trying to save the TCAsync?
https://github.com/Oendaril/TotalConnectAsync/blob/master/TCAsync.groovy

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script15037604029731479376315.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script15037604029731479376315$_run_closure2) values: [script15037604029731479376315$_run_closure2@16307fff]
Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure) @ line 27

I don’t get a freeze either but I haven’t used it extensively.
On the lyric I can switch on/off all the zwave devices with no problems. Status updates accordingly in smartthings. Lyric is brand new.

It was only about three weeks ago when I last tried. Even switched out the Lyric panel. It was the Z-Wave devices that were giving me the problems. @nicolasrodet: What method/steps are you using to do this? The instructions I’ve seen say to include ST into the Lyric panel first and then include the Z-Wave devices to the Lyric panel which will pass them through to ST. The very first time I tried it, it worked for about two days and then glitched out. After that, it never really worked again.

Hi I need Help Setting up Integration with TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Hello
See post 599
Curently Honeywell is blocking ST…
But try any of the solutions provided to see if one will work for you

@trenchtownrock, I just installed the new Lyric panel and the Zwave devices (that were enrolled in Smartthings) started to show up. I don’t recall doing any pairing, I actually was surprised that it showed up.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. So, if I’m understanding you correctly, I think you did this in reverse from how I did it, which may explain things. It looks like you had your z-wave devices already enrolled in ST before bringing the Lyric into the equation. Did you then include the Lyric into ST or the ST hub into your Lyric? And after you set this up, you were able to successfully control each z-wave device via ST?

Correct. I know that without doing anything on ST I was able to control all the ZWave devices from the Lyric. A few days later I was looking for new things in ST and it found the lyric as Zwave controller.
I added it and it still works fine.

OK, so here is a quick update.
In Lyric I am able to set a scene so that when I arm/disarm the alarm it switches on/off a dedicated Zwave switch.
I am able to set a scene in Smartthings that picks this up and switches off everything (switches, TV, heating…) when the alarm is armed away.

However, I cannot do the reverse. In Lyric you cannot have a switch to trigger the alarm to be armed/disarmed.

HI All,

I looked into integrating SM and Honeywell long ago and never committed to it…I didn’t need to have control over my alarm, but did want the alarm sensors to be visible by ST so I could add conditions (e.g., if alarm goes off, turn on these lights, etc.) If someone has come up with a solution that currently works, please let me know. I have the Tuxedo Touch that has the Zwave capability, but from reading various posts, I don’t think that integrates for what I need (simply for my alarm system to communicate status to ST.)

Thanks!

@Oendaril might you know why my security panel overrides the arm away to arm stay? I using your device handler from here https://github.com/Oendaril/TotalConnectAsync/blob/master/TCAsync.groovy9

So, without reading 6xx posts, is there a way that is working right now, for me to say “Alexa, turn on the security system,” and have her arm stay the Honeywell lynx 5100 that I have connected to total connect. I had this working using the op’s app, but it stopped a couple of months ago, and it looks like total connect is a completely different website now.

Try following the instructions listed here
2. DeviceHandler that act as Panel as well as Virtualized Lock/Switch

So, I have it working using @Oendaril device handler. I used his app to get my location ID and Device ID (I was getting an error using the last 6, so I went with the first 7 and that worked.) I am about to fix the echo integration.

Now if someone could just come up with a way to ask Alexa if the alarm was “on” that would be sick. The ability has to be there. The handler reports the alarm status.

Sorry, not sure what could be causing that. You may want to review your user account and make sure its all setup correctly, maybe something around overriding to armed stay on that account or it doesn’t have permission for away but does have it for stay. It should be the same action regardless of panel, but I have tested mine against the lynx 5100 personally.

If you arm the panel AWAY but don’t open a door to leave the system automatically reverts to STAY mode because it thinks you didn’t actually leave. STAY mode turns off any motions detectors programmed as type 04 or 10. AWAY mode arms the motion detectors. What kind of panel are you using?

What panel are you using? If you have voltage triggers on it (IE vista 20P) there is a built in trigger for the old LED systems to turn them red or green Arm/Disarm. You could have that trip a relay that would change state in ST.

I have a Vista 20P

They cover it fairly well here. http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php?topic=16383.0

It’s just a matter of using the relay output wire and programming the onboard triggers to active on Arming. The installers manual tells you how to do it also.
http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v15pand20pprogrammingguide.pdf

page 9 called *80 menu mode
Use C Zone type and zone type of 20 for Stay or 21 for Away
Skip to Output action and use 2 for close and stay closed or 3 for pulsing
then output number will be 17 or 18. there are two on board triggers.