[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Thanks for the update. I hope Honeywell changes their mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone tried to just bypass total connect, turn on the built in web access and integrate it from there. There are many limitations to total connect that the system itself doesn’t have. For example I have 2 garage door openers, total connect will only work with 1. I had to stop using total connect so that I could control all my zwave devices correctly. The zwave controler isn’t the issue it is the total connect website that can’t handle everything.

This and many other reasons why I went away from The Tuxedo Touch WiFi been my main Z-Wave Hub…

It’s total connect that is limiting the features. If you use the webased
access it works much better and faster. You can bypass all of total
connects restrictions from the cloud. As a zwave hub I have had no
issues. I bought ST because i wanted Alexa voice control. I thought I
could integrate the 2 zwave controllers but haven’t gotten it to work as
others have.

How do you access your Z-Wave devices remotely without port forwarding?

I have port forwarding on. You can also setup a VPN if you wanted to be
more secure

Ah… I am trying to make it as simple as possible for the family.
Port forwarding is really not my cup of tea… I really dont like exposing devices if I can prevent it.

Quick question… How many devices you have controlled by your Tuxedo/Honeywell?

2 locks, 2 garage doors, 2 thermostats, 1 module plug, 3 light switches and
1 dimmer switch.

The port forwarding is real easy and the tuxedo security is pretty
impressive. Technically if you could get smart things to integrate with
the tuxedo on the local network then you wouldn’t need to turn on port
forwarding. You could control everything through smart things.

Carmelo

I will try to find some time next week to look at the local Raspberry Pi option. I haven’t looked st it in a couple of weeks due to time as well…

Nice setup.
The issue that I keep having with my tux, Was that it keep loosing communications with my deadbolts. That caused so much aggravation! It wouldn’t last not even a week… So far with smartthing as the master hub, Things seem a bit more stable…

A note for you… The tux as a master and the smartthing hub never work stable for me… The Smartthing hub keep loosing connection of the Tux…
Just my experience…

Are you running the newest firmware. 5.3.9.0, I had the same issues when I
had the old firmware. No issues since the uograde.

So, it appears to be working again for me…

Thanks for the heads up… As soon as I enter my credentials, The app now say “Something is wrong, We cant load your screen right now” :frowning:
Any ideas?

I am also getting an error when logging on with my credentials:

Error saving unnamed pages. Please contact the SmartApp Developer.

1 Like

I think I have done everything right. I have my location id, my security id, i created a user name and password but keep getting the same errors.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 428
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘data’ on null object @ line 290
Something unexpected went wrong: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I know I am logging into total connect because I can see the log on the website.

What am I missing. I have all my device handlers install what devices do I need to install.

Thank you
Carmelo

Sorry if this question has been answered, however if i am using Oendaril’s code is there a way to get the App to update status automatically? i.e. if someone arms or disarms directly at the panel it would be reflected in the app without the user having to do a manual refresh. This was a cool feature of jhstroebel’s app before it unfortunately got neutered by T-connect.

If not is there an app i can run to hit the ‘refresh’ periodically? i am not concerned if it is in the order of minutes, I just would like to have the status update without user intervention.

Since this post is a giant collection of things related to Total Connect I wanted to run an idea by this community. I am looking forward to the time when we have a good smartapp that taps into the Honeywell API but in the meantime I was thinking of a workaround.
My setup is I have an Honeywell Lyric (with Zwave). On the Lyric you have the possibility to setup Smart Scenes. I was thinking about buying a dedicated Switch and to use the smart scene as follows:

• When alarm sets to “Arm Away” turn Switch ON, turn it OFF when alarm is “Disarmed”.

Then I can pick this up in Smartthings and use it for Scenes. One of the way I would use it is to switch off all the lights and TV/Hifi when I set the alarm on.
Anyone thinks this is a good idea or that there is a better way to do it? From my wife’s standpoint it’s appealing to her that she can just set the alarm with the remote control and everything turns off.

This would probably work. I know that the smart things hub can be learned in to the Lyric and it will see all the wave devices put in.

I am doing something very similar with a virtual smartthings switch, which works perfectly to sync up HomeKit and Smarthings. I can it the Home Presence switch and also have a Good Night switch.

When these switches are turned off (either by Smartthings Geofence after everyone leaves or HomeKit if I say Goodnight) the alarm is armed, either away or stay.)

But since the code here doesn’t update the status, it works well to set the Lyric but not the other way around. Your suggestion (with either a bulb or switch) will probably work the other way around.

None of this will be required if/when official HomeKit supported is added, if you have homekit… but I might try it.

Thanks, I think too that it could work both ways (ie, flip the switch on in Smartthings and the alarm sets to armed away).

When I found out you could learn the ST hub into the Lyric, I was excited as it would be a way to access some of the devices in the Lyric Hub through ST (locks, etc.). However, when I did, it never worked out. The security creds would never fully pass through, the Lyric would freeze and the inclusion process would essentially remain in a state of limbo. That then created a strange domino effect where I wasn’t able to access those Lyric devices even through the TC app or the panel itself. I loved the idea, but for me it was a fail. I ended up having to force remove the Lyric from ST and exclude and then include my locks to get them to work properly on the TC side. Maybe others will have better luck and I’d love to hear your experiences too.

Once the status updates are working again (when ST can read the state of the alarm, not just send a command to it), we’ll be in really good shape. The only other thing I would love is to be able to do is what including the ST controller into the Lyric was supposed to do – that is, access its devices through ST. I’m not sure if @jhstroebel’s app can create device handlers for those devices that are included in the Lyric. That would be really cool. Has anyone tried that yet?