[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I had the same problem as berg. Following your steps to invoke the API directly, I found out that my PartitionID must be set to 1. When it was 0, I got an error. I made local modifications to your code (replaced 0 with 1 in the call to GetZonesListInStateEx) and my logs no longer show any exceptions, however, all my sensors still show up in Smartthings app as “faulted”.

That makes sense. PartitionId should be 1, but I found in the API that mine responded better with 0. Which is wrong… I’ll take a look at it when I have a chance.

Thanks JHstroebel.

1. Noted…thanks for the explanation.
  2. Yes they are Z wave locks, i have two separate Z wave networks running at home .
    One of the zwave networks is being run and controlled by the tuxedo touch (locks) the other is the Samsung hub
    controlling the rest of the zwave devices.

Gotcha. I’ll work on that lock handler in my free time next week then. Good to have a next step to focus on.

Pushed new GitHub update with the partition fix. Let me know if you’re still having Zone update issues after that fix.

PartitionID fix worked for me. All sensors correctly displaying status from polling now!

I tried upgrading with the latest code, and continue to see ‘Tiles Missing’ from my device list. I simply copy/pasted the latest code into my device handler. Did I miss something?

Was previously working…but even now when I try to revert, no luck.

Tiles missing?

Any chance it’s an automation switch/garage door causing the issue. I updated that device handler last night.

Is anyone else having issues with “java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line…” and TC2 today?

Yep, same exact issue. I verified that it’s not the API too, ran the login through POSTman and it all worked up to performing the armed commands manually. Something weird going on with the http post commands, or they are blocking the smartthings IP.

If that’s true, it may be a good idea to rework them to use hub commands locally instead.

Same issue here as well. Also verified API wasn’t the problem. Based on the connection reset l, seems they may be IP blocking.

1 Like

Hello ,
Wondering if its due to the new Beta web site they are now trying to push.
Try logging into TC 2.0 website to see the new Look

I do have a device handler for a garage door but it’s not related (and does work).

Yeah, the device is listed as ‘tiles missing’ in the Things list, and you cannot go to the settings or do anything with it…basically you have to delete it.

Same issue here. I hope it’s related to this and not IP Blocking. I think Honeywell ended up blacklisting SmartThings before on their Total Connect Comfort site for thermostats due to a lot of refresh activity.

I too am having the error “java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 85” when doing anything with the TC integration app. I haven’t tried the updated Github code but I’m not sure if it will make a difference.

Thanks all who reported the problem. I thought it was something on my end.

Yep, tried the new version and got a “connection reset” error again.

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘data’ on null object @ line 285
error Something unexpected went wrong: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I had been waiting for an update on this thread but for some reason I didn’t get a notification that there were updates. Otherwise, I would have tried the new version before Honeywell made the connection stop working.

I am having issues today as well… my Async updates seem to still be working tho… but the synchronous commands are not.

I’m trying to set up your version of the smartapp and device handler. Would the connection issue prevent me from setting it up? If so then I’ll give up until there is a workaround or until the connection issue is resolved. In the logs I get the same error when I enter my login info, location ID and device ID. The connection is reset when I try to set up the smartapp.