[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I don’t know the ID but the version is 2.

Hello,
I hope you have this working by Now.
if not here are a few things to verify/try.
Make sure its the main user credentials you are using for the App to login in to TC2.0
try using the latest version of the tester groovy found here.

good luck

Yes I did thank you! And I can turn my alarm on/off with my Google Home now because of the app! Thanks!

That is nice to hear.
Im trying to get there myself.

Could you please share wich settings you are using in Application ID and Application Version?
The one they dafault to are not working for me.
Edit: the ones in the settings highlighted.

Uriel,

Did you figure those values?

Thanks!

No sorry i gave up…

Would be nice to get this added to the op of the original threads. New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

These instructions works perfectly, but took A LOT of reading to find it.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Hi Everyone. Im sorry to jump on this thread but it is related to what I wanted to know. I am a programmer but have had no time to learn or do much with ST. I am building a new house and saw the vista-21ip and the tuxedo wifi.

What I wanted to know is will ST recognize all the wired sensors in the vista-21ip system through the tuxedo? If so then I would not need additional zigbee sensors (I already bought about 30 iris sensors). If true, then it means I can reduce the redundancy and use only one system that can link to each other.

Also if this is capable, have you found expanding your zones for each window/door so it was easier on the mind to detect the issues quicker?

Did you need the 6160 keypad or 6160rf? I planed on having 2 pads, but not sure if tuxedo can replace one of them.

Thanks in advance

Has anyone packaged all this great code by a handful of people into something cohesive? If anyone is interested, I’m working to bring this all together, but don’t want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has.

Hi Jeremy, up above I wrote out some steps taking you through the process: New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Hope this helps!

I’m talking about a full on service manager with child devices where updates happen centrally rather than manual refresh of devices. Your instructions were very helpful in getting some of this figured out initially tho! Thank you for that.

I’ll keep chugging away on this, hopefully i’ll have an initial working version in a few days. Most of the “hard” stuff is already done in 2-3 smartapps and device handler tweaks, just gotta get it all together.

Original OP of this thread here. I see alot of progress made by individual contributors. Nice to see that Device Handler.

Quick question, any link that I should be posting in the main thread so that new folks can avoid plethora of reading on this thread?

eg - New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I did a new update to the “SmartApp Code” (not to be confused by the Device handler, code) as the Location listing seemed to broken for number of users.

That post is very helpful, wouldn’t be bad at the top.

1 Like

I’m looking for this too. I guess we can try changing the 1 to a 2? I couldn’t find any possible values for this parameter anywhere for the API.

Chris,

Trying to figure out what you did here, but I’m not 100% on my php understanding. Looks like you’re using a cron job to fire a php script that communicates with a smartapp that then fires the refresh method in the sensor? That refresh method then deals with the TC2.0 calls and updates itself, but you’ll get a few calls per each sensor during that process?

Is my understanding of your code correct?

Thanks,

Jeremy

My guess was right. ArmType = 2 puts the system into Instant Stay mode. I tried this in the tester app and it worked. Going to see if I can modify the regular app so that it goes into instant stay mode when the SmartThings switches into the Night mode.

It’s good to have both apps installed (tester and regular) because at least that way you can associate a virtual switch to the alarm to allow you to turn it off on demand without switching ST modes.

I just figured someone had tried that before. Just probed my panel and found the following (to confirm). Left is the state it reports back, middle is what the state is on the panel, and the number is what ArmType you need to get it there.

10200 - Disarmed
10201 - Armed Away - 0
10203 - Armed Stay - 1
10205 - Armed Away (Instant) - 3
10209 - Armed Stay (Instant) - 2
10218 - Armed Night Stay - 4

Instant means you still have exit delay, but no entry delay. Looks like Arm Night Stay varies depending on how your panel is setup… It can arm selected interior zones as well for increased security and are armed instant, but you can still put delay on an entry door if the armed interior zones are not tripped? (see: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/724842/Honeywell-Ademco-Vista-12a.html?page=7)

Thanks for the link. I actually found those alarm status codes on the site below, where someone created a prototype Windows Phone app to arm/disarm the system. But it’s nice to see it here with the armtype parameters that each mode needs.

By the way, as I was researching this I found in this thread someone created a device handler that shows the status and allows arming the system in almost whatever mode you need. I don’t have the direct link handy but it’s on a previous post in the thread. I used that and replaced the Arm Stay with Arm Stay (instant) and it suits my needs. So I’m a happy camper. The device handler exposes the alarm as a lock and can be turned on/off also. I tied it into my routines to arm/disarm my system. This is a great community! If you can’t find the specific post let me know. This is going on almost 400 posts now.

Edit: here is the post with the DTH that shows the status: New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Good find. Alot more status codes than I found… Didn’t see a 10307/10308 while arming and disarming, maybe not applicable for my panel…

I am using that code as the base for my implementation. I’m wondering if there’s a good way to allow all the options. Could expose some methods, but the beauty of the switch and lock combo is that it works with many existing smartapps out there to trigger events. By exposing custom things you won’t get that… Maybe there is another capability that might work well here.