[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I have not use the OAuth function before … but everything is working and updating so I do beleive that is working too.

1 Like

Do you guys think there is anyway to add a panic function that I can trigger with a switch to total connect? I was thinking it would be nice to add a virtual switch so I can integrate in with my Amazon echo. I am thinking it would be great to have an option to say alexa turn on panic alarm and have it trigger the alarm panic function in case of an emergency. What do you guys think?

@csuk it would be Great if ST could work with Honeywell to solve this one.

I have not seen a solution to implementing ‘Armed Instant’ instead of, or in addition to, ‘Armed Stay’. It seems like it should be a simple as changing the ArmType parameter in this statement:

def paramsArm = [ uri: "https://rs.alarmnet.com/TC21API/TC2.asmx/ArmSecuritySystem", body: [SessionID: token, LocationID: locationId, DeviceID: deviceId, ArmType: 0, UserCode: '-1'] ] httpPost(paramsArm) // Arming Function in away mode

Where 0 = ArmedAway; 1 = ArmedStay. Does anyone know if there is a parameter for ‘Armed Instant’, or how to look that up or determine what the valid parameters are? I have done some searching and cannot find any documentation of it.

Thanks.

1 Like

All of my devices for TC went ${name} and I can not change them…Also does anything need to be updated on the DH? @QCCowboy any plans to make this a public git so we can up from it?

Also the device stopped responding to the lock commands. So my arm away and stay don’t work.

Is this code still working ??

If so where is the install instructions at ? I tried to read every post here but I am sure I missed some because of so many replies.

Still works for me. Check out my post in this thread on March 8th.

OH MAN !! it’s working… after 2 days of following the thread and getting my location I can arm/disarm my alarm… This should be published for the public to use… why isn’t it ?

Now how do I set smart things to auto arm/disarm ? Sorry I’m a newbie to this.

It’s up to the developers to submit things like this to SmartThings for review and approval, which takes quite a bit of time and someone really determined to get it through.

To have ST auto arm/disarm, you’ll want to setup a Routine or SmartApp from the Marketplace in the app to turn the device on (as a light switch) to Arm Stay, lock the device (as a door lock) to Arm Away, and turn it off as a light switch or unlock it as a door lock to Disarm.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip…

Now what happens if the code changes ? Is there some sort of notification I can get ?

Oh and what should Device Network Id be ? I just used a random number if that’s ok.

Well, the code that you copied/pasted into your individual setup won’t change unless you go in and change it. However, sometimes people make updates to the functionality and post their changes here in this forum thread and then it’s up to you whether you want to implement their new version of the code or not. If not, then you just leave yours as-is and it won’t change.

Regarding Device Network ID, I just use something like TOTALCONNECT_ALARM1, but yeah I think you can use whatever you’d like. I put 1 at the end because some people have more than one TotalConnect alarm location or account so it allows you to use the same name but change just the number.

1 Like

Hi…since last week, all my TC contacts are getting displayed as ${name}. This is only in the “Things” list. Everywhere else they are displayed correctly. I contacted the ST support, they said some issue with the device type coding. They will contact you. Meantime any suggestion how to resolve the issue ? Thanks…

1 Like

Same here. @QCCowboy

@triggertact I mean public as I can do a git update in graph.

Not sure what changed in SmartThings, however I did update the device handler and all should be working again. Just need to remove the label: {Name} from the tiles section of the first line in the main tile.

I am not sure what happened but when smart things said that they fixed everything my house would not arm during the goodbye routine, or perform all of the actions that it should when that routine is run. However one thing I noticed when I remove the lock = arm away portion of the goodbye routine everything runs just fine automatically. This issue with the auto run of the goodbye routine and arming the house only seems to happen when all devices leave the house and goodbye is triggered based upon and everyone leaves command. However if I run goodbye by itself everything works just fine and the house arms with total connect.
I was hoping @QCCowboy could shed some light on this or maybe see if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

This same issue happens with the I’m back command when it is run on a “someone arrives” trigger. Night working just time cause I trigger it manually.

Hmmm, that’s weird! Are you using Rule Machine, or the built in stuff? My automated arm/disarm is fairly reliable with Rule Machine.

@QCCowboy @brianwilson

Do you guys want to get together and get a repository setup? We can get all of our stuff together with instructions since there seems to be some growing interest in this project. :slight_smile:

I have installed and when going to the smart apps it asks for login password info, App ID set to 14588 and APp Version 3.5.1 and all show up as blue but when hit Next and asks to select the location, I tap and it says No Available Options? Cant get past there? I have two locations in my actual Total Connect Account…

I have one sensor that shows faulted and won’t update.