[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Also Brandon… If I set the Alarm “Away or Stay” it will let me Disarm it from ST App… But I can’t set it to Arm away or Arm Stay…

Hi Joe, interesting…good to know! It’s not much of a concern for me but let us know how it goes.

Hmm, have you tried getting it to do so using a Routine yet? Maybe see if that works…

“Finally, to get ST to automatically arm/disarm the alarm you can create a Routine for each scenario in the ST mobile app. To Arm (Away) you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in the list of doors to lock in the Routine options. To Arm (Stay), you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in the list of lights to turn on in the Routine options. To Disarm, you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in either the list of lights to turn off or doors to unlock in the Routine options.”

Yes I did… i see it on my Total Connect that it is trying to do something than it falls back to DisArm…

Unfortunately, this goes beyond my troubleshooting abilities. You’ll need @QCCowboy to help I think.

Not sure what is happening given that you can disarm, but not arm. Correct?

First thing I would do is double check everything:

1). Total connect account setup (did you setup a new ID and PW for this specifically for smart things?). Check to make sure you can login to total connect with this account as well and perform the functions from the app or web interface.

1. delete the current device handler.

3). Add the device handler back in

4). Watch the live Logging when you attempt the arm disarm functions. Copy and paste each here if it doesn’t work. May have to turn on more debug features, but let’s start with 1-4 first.

@triggertact Really small world…I’m out here in Clovis

1 Like

@JigenShah…I ran into this when my DeviceId was wrong…the fact that you are getting status info from TC means your location is right…but if you can’t change your state than it means either you need to disable “require PIN” from the account in TC or your DeviceId is wrong…more than likely it’s your DeviceID. Try changing it…I ended up putting the full DeviceId in…then deleting a number…saving…trying to arm…and if it didn’t work I dropped another number off and repeated the process till it worked…mine ended up being 6 digits but I know some have had 7 digits work.

Haha, wow, really small world indeed! What a coincidence!

We need to have a Fresno/Clovis area GuysThatAreSmart meetup.

So weird new issues with my setup. Using the current version and a few things are odd. It isn’t always refreshing, I’ll look and it will say disarming. The arm away doesn’t work but the arm stay will always work.

Anyone else having issues or is it still smartthings being wonky.

Interesting question for you guys! I have a Honeywell Alarm that uses a version of Total Connect 2.0 branded by my security company (eSecure 2.0 by Protection1). To make this work, would I just need to keep the end point updated from the standard TC2.0 link to my one through eSecure (branded TC 2.0)? I’ve been playing with the code as-is, but I definitely can’t seem to get the tester code working to get the application ID and I used the API version number 3.9.2 that my Android app currently uses (the app version is 3.8.1). Sorry to be dense!

Update: looks like uses this for the login screen — https://rs.alarmnet.com/esecure2#/

UPDATE Wanted to update this for those who may have similar question to #1. The above DOES work regardless of security company provider, as long as their system is utilizes Total Connect 2.0 (branded or otherwise).

Second question, unrelated to the first — has there been any success in using the sensors in the security system to activate other routines? (Lack of motion turns off lights, ensures garage door is closed and feeds the dog).

Looking forward to getting this running!

@MacBenTosh, this is what I was talking to JigenShah about. If your DeviceID is wrong but everything else is setup correctly then you get what you are seeing. Doesn’t refresh, keeps saying disarming and also ran into if you push disarm it will say disarm forever and then if you refresh or move to a different screen it will be back at Armed… Try changing your DeviceID as I stated above.

Hi all,

For anybody interested in getting near-real-time status of sensors on their Honeywell Lynx or TotalConnect Alarm system, I’ve got a little SmartApp and PHP script (plus cron job on remote server) that has been working mostly trouble free for me. The TotalConnect API times out sometimes, so there are little bursts where it doesn’t get sensor activity, but overall, it’s been able to detect open/closed doors for triggers in Rules Machine, and I have been itching to test how the motion sensor reacts even though it’s just a contact sensor.

I’ve been able to use the doors to trigger events for the home automation, and it’s been a life saver! It’s also nice to know in my system what is faulted and not. :slight_smile:

You can download the source here! I’m not super experienced in this world, so if anybody has ideas for improvements, just pull the repo and make a commit!

NOTE: You’ll need to go up in the thread and install a device type from @QCCoybow that will put the TotalConnect sensors in as separate devices, if you haven’t already. If you need to, follow these instructions: https://gist.github.com/QCCowboy/df3689f4c85f909cb819

2 Likes

I ended up doing something similar a while back, but the opposite, having smart home see tc zones/sensors, I have it running on a $8 pogoplug running debian, tc just isn’t reliable with my internet at all when trying to use it with smarthome, smarthome has no trouble querying my local server.

You can download http://nerdvittles.com/?p=10560 put it on a sd card, and have a debian server up and running, locked down, with php and mysql. Gives you everything you need, plus you have a VOIP server, so you even end up with a cheap home phone if you want.

I didn’t think the motion sensors send any data to TC unless the zone is armed and tripped.

1 Like

Awesome!

I got mine to register as open when it was faulted due to motion, but I hadn’t tried that one on any integration.

I like what you have done. However I can’t get mine to work? I installed per the directions:
Install the smart app via the IDE, go into its settings and enable OAuth, and note the client ID/secret for use in the PHP file. Upload the PHP file to your own server (internet accessible), and run it from your browser. It will ask you to authorize the app, select your sensors and then generate your Access token which you will need for all the other API calls. THen you can setup a cron tab on your server to run the script frequently.

The only sensor it lists is my MyQ garage door (which is not integrated with my TotalConnect 2.0), and then returns “error requesting access token…”. I have looked at the Live Logging and don’t see anything that help he figure out what I may be doing wrong?

Any suggestions?

Hey Matthew,

I think there are two things going on here: you’ll need to go up in the thread and install a device type from @QCCoybow that will put the TotalConnect sensors in as separate devices, if you haven’t already. If you need to, follow these instructions: https://gist.github.com/QCCowboy/df3689f4c85f909cb819

Also, there is an OAuth issue that SmartThings is dealing with. I haven’t been able to install new apps since Friday night.

1 Like

Thank you! You pointed me in the right direction and I have it all working now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Awesome!!

Were you able to get the OAuth bit working too?