[OBSOLETE] Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

I’m not an expert, but I do have it working and I have a pretty decent grasp on how to get it setup. Question: is your system using “TotalConnect 2.0”, or just “TotalConnect”? I believe this integration only works with TotalConnect 2.0.

With the ST system setup and your alarm system fully connected and working with TotalConnect 2.0 that’s all the hardware you need. These are the steps from here…if anyone notices something incorrect in my steps please speak up! FYI - I haven’t worked on integrating the zones like some others have so you’ll need to do that separate from these steps.

1. Log into TotalConnect 2.0 account online and add a new user with a Username like “smithSTuser” (Smith being a hypothetical last name), create password, make sure Administrator box is checked, make sure Prompt for User Code box is unchecked, type in email address, then specify a random User Code, and finally hit Save.

2. Log into SmartThings IDE, go to My Device Handlers screen and create a new one by copying/pasting the “SmartThings-TotalConnect-Device” code from this website.

3. Go to My Devices screen in SmartThings IDE and create a new one with “TotalConnect Alarm” as the Name, “TOTALCONNECT_ALARM1” as the Device Network Id, select the TotalConnect Device as the Type (very bottom of list), then select your ST hub from both Location and Hub dropdowns and click Create.

4. Click My SmartApps in the SmartThings IDE, create new SmartApp using code by clicking “New SmartApp” in the top right, then click “From Code” and copy/paste the “SmartThings-TotalConnect-Tester” code from this website. Then click “Create”, then “Save”, then “Publish” and then “For Me”.

5. Open the SmartThings mobile app, tap Marketplace at the bottom right, tap SmartApps at the top right, scroll down and tap My Apps, tap “TotalConnect Location and Device Details”, then run through the install using the new TotalConnect user’s credentials. Before clicking Done, open the Live Logging screen in SmartThings IDE on your computer, then click Done in mobile app to complete the install of the SmartApp.

6. As soon as the SmartApp installs you’ll see information populate in the Live Logging screen in the SmartThings IDE. Note the Location ID and Device ID numbers for use in the next step. If either number is longer than 7 digits then only note the first 7.

7. Go into the new TotalConnect Alarm device in the SmartThings mobile app, click the options button at the top right, then click “Edit device”. Type in the Username, Password, Device ID, Location ID, and the other information being asked for, then click SAVE.

8. Click the Refresh tile in the TotalConnect Alarm device and verify functionality. FYI, there is a slight delay (up to 30 seconds) sometimes when arming/disarming the alarm system using this device so give it a little time to work. If it doesn’t appear to be functioning properly, you may want to go back into the TotalConnect Alarm device options again and remove the seventh digit from the Device ID (making it only 6 digits long). Sometimes this works instead of 7 digits (I don’t know why).

Finally, to get ST to automatically arm/disarm the alarm you can create a Routine for each scenario in the ST mobile app. To Arm (Away) you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in the list of doors to lock in the Routine options. To Arm (Stay), you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in the list of lights to turn on in the Routine options. To Disarm, you just need to select the TotalConnect Alarm device in either the list of lights to turn off or doors to unlock in the Routine options.

Then, you’ll just select from the list of “run this routine automatically” options at the bottom of the Routine to have it occur whenever you’d like!

Hope this helps!

15 Likes