[OBSOLETE] Control lighting in great detail with button devices (Aeon Minimote, Enerwave ZWN-SC7)

Well this post makes me have to redo all my button assignments.

Smart to use long press as the ST version to handle local processing!

Thanks for the App!

However what am I missing, I simply cannot get the lights (LIFX Colour and Hue) to do a simple toggle without the app changing the colour/brightness etc. The only way it can toggle the lights is by selecting the “Same Button Pressed 2 or
” as the Type and then on the “Next Page” Option set “Turn the light on or off” to ON but after doing this the App then sends a colour code or brightness level.

The additional features are great and very useful but I also require the ability to simply toggle the light ON/OFF with the same button on the remote and NOT change any of the lights attributes? Is this possible please?

Thanks!

I just uploaded an update to the app that should allow you to accomplish what you want. Just make sure you set the light toggle to “on” and leave the color and level selections blank and the app should only toggle the lights on and off.

Excellent!

Thank You very much Eric!!!

1 Like

Hi Eric, seems like you have a good app here. I just want to clarify some features as I’m considering buying a Smart Things hub and will likely use your app. My major issue is that I currently have a number of Hue lights that I control via the Hue tap. However in certain rooms there are non-Hue lights that I would like to control as well with same button. I know the Hue Tap isn’t supported by Smart Things, my question is though would I be able to use your app with one of the button devices mentioned in the title to say turn on Hue lights as well as non-Hue lights connected to a smart outlet (Smart Things, WeMo, etc.) so that they all turn on at the push of a button? If not do you know of any way to do this?? Thanks in advance.

This particular app doesn’t, but you can easily set up the stock Smart Lighting SmartApp to turn on other lights when one is turned on, and then turn them off again when that one is turned off.

A better experience would be to use Trend Setter to group your lights into one virtual switch, and configure your remote to toggle that.

There are a few apps that can do this (including the one in this thread). You can use any button device that works with SmartThings and have it control any switch or bulb that works with SmartThings with this SmartApp.

Hi all!!! This app rocks! I appreciate the great work. I programmed one of the buttons to ‘random’ and my 8 year old daughter pushes the button repeatedly making my hue lights color cycle while pretending it’s a disco light LOL!!! Only problem is it turns off in between color changes.

I have an 8 button controller (ZRC-90).

I want to turn on/off the lights with button 1 (keeping the wife happy with simple operation) and ‘random’ color cycle when button 1 is held down (keeping my daughter dancing)
you know so the show doesn’t have to stop when the light turns off LOL!

First part is simple, I just assign the hue lights to button 1 full white and turn toggle on. Second part I don’t exactly get. Do I assign ‘Random color’ to button 9 (should equal hold down of button 1) without toggle turned on?

Thank you for any input you guys share!