[OBSOLETE] Control lighting in great detail with button devices (Aeon Minimote, Enerwave ZWN-SC7)

Eric,

Thank you for a terrifically helpful and thoughtful reply. I understand, and it strikes me as a plausible architecture for a “soft” implementation of a scene controller using the ZWN-SC7. Keeps the SmartHub dumb and avoids a software maintenance nightmare on it.

But, just for completeness, it appears I have created my own instance of your code as a Smart App. Where is that executing: on my phone or in the cloud? Though I infer from your reply that is also in the cloud, so just checking.

Would you do me the kindness of considering a resolution of my problem? I posted it here, as new post: Integration of ZWN-SC7 with SmartHub

I hope it is self explanatory. The error message appears as I try to associate my SC7 with your app, so it is unclear who the actors are at this point.

(I now realize I have assumed I should use the device handler from Matt Frank here:ZWN-SC7 Enerwave 7 Button Scene Controller. Correct?)

There are a couple of additional things I need to do - I think I used the device handler code from Enerwave site, which could be out of date, and the MF thread gives me some additional diagnostics I haven’t checked out. But any comments would be useful,l I am sure.

BTW I am trying to command 9 Leviton DZMX1 dimmers with the SC7, mainly because the Leviton z-wave controllers have a pitifully small set of buttons. Would have hoped there was an easier way to do it!!