NEW: Aeon Home Energy Monitor v2 Device

When will ST support this device natively???

1 Like

Hi,

I am new to smartthings. So please bear with me. I got the smartthing v2 hub and aeon energy meter v2. I have Barry B. HEMV2+ installed and working. What I would like to know is if there is a way to check what time sunrise and sunset is inside the the device type. My reason for doing this is because I am using the meter on my panel which is mainly for solar. I am trying to do 2 things at sunrise/sunset.

1.) Display the energy readings at each time on a tile in order to calculate the daily production.

2.) to change parameter 2 at each time. With parameter 2 “on” the readings are always negative :sweat: I want it to be negative in the day when the system is producing power and positive in the night when the inverters and gateways are using energy. Maybe I am doing this wrong I am not sure but if I am please let me know.
This is the config line I am using “zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 2, size: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: 1).format()”

Thank you

Just curious if in the next rendition of this code. Or if someone can help me with the code for this. Can we put in some logic that if the usage is above 1000w have it do the math to divide it by 100 and display back the kW value and also change the label from Watt to kW. Thanks for your help with this.

So which is the best device type to use with Aeon Home Energy Meter V1 ?
Link please …

Hey @storageanarchy. Mobile developer/manager at SmartThings here. I had a co-worker install this and report an issue with Android. I copied your code, installed it and sourced an issue that you should make to support Android. On the value tiles you are specifying value and color ranges for the tile but the value you are using is not a valid Double. You need to remove the units from those. Example:

Before (background colors on a value tile):
[value: "0 Watts", color: "#153591"], [value: "3000 Watts", color: "#1e9cbb"]

After:
[value: "0", color: "#153591"], [value: "3000", color: "#1e9cbb"]

Pull request for your consideration: https://github.com/SANdood/Aeon-HEM-v2/pull/7

I think this code works on iOS app though. Any idea why?

Hi everyone, I just installed my ST hub and Aeon HEM V1 today and this is my first post to the community. I’m having a problem installing the smartapp.

When I go to new SmartApp from code and paste the code in and click create, I get the following error.

No signature of method: script14518569406802129033250.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14518569406802129033250$_run_closure1) values: [script14518569406802129033250$_run_closure1@5bd8211e] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you install it as a service type and not a smart app

DISREGARD, I changed the device type to Aeon HEM V2 and it works now.

Thanks for the quick response that fixed it. I then saved and published but am lost on how to get the SmartApp on my phone.

@stewartad1,

To be sure, you created a device type and not a SmartApp. Right? When you create a device type you need to go to the device in My Devices and change the Type field to the one you just created.

Hi, yes I was trying to install as SmartApp vs device, that fixed the code error.

I have some new issues now:

1. The configure button doesn’t do anything
  2. The cost doesn’t seem to be working
  3. The top middle tile is blank

Ok, good. This is progress.

Are you using HEM v1 or v2? Your post above (#230) says you have v1. If so, try this device type:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/SmartThings-Devices/master/aeon_hemv1.device.groovy

The Configure button won’t do anything immediately. It defines how the HEM works to get data, how often, and other conditions.

Cost and the other blank tiles will work as long as the right device type is used depending upon what version of the HEM you’re using.

Hey @johnconstantelo,
I have an Aeon HEM v1

I installed the new device type you pointed me towards, excluded the HEM, and then included it again, ensured that the HEM is using the new device type. kWh and cost are still not working. I am using batteries in the HEM as I’m waiting on a different USB cord to power it.

Thanks

Hi @stewartad1, excellent more progress.

If I remember right, I think someone else had a problem with cost. Edit the device in the app, or go to the IDE, and make sure the $/kWh is properly set in Preferences. Even if you see something, just retype the number.

Also, since you are on batteries for now, there is a forced 4 minute delay on how often the HEM sends data per Aeon’s documentation:

If HEM is using batteries, the minimum wake up interval is 4 minutes. The wake up is rounded up to the
nearest 4 minute interval

I’d let it work for a while, as well as get it USB powered. It looks like everything should be working for you. Once you get the USB cable plugged in, make sure to tap on the Configure tile.

Also, I see you’re using this on iOS, and that will make some of the tiles look a little differently than on Android:

Thanks for all the help @johnconstantelo. For cost I have 0.09 as the setting. Any way to adjust the tiles to fit iOS? I’ll report back in a few days once the USB cable arrives. Do you know if theres a way to log/save the usage each month? Thanks again

@johnconstantelo
It was the batteries, accumulate kWh when on battery power is disabled by default, can be turned on though. Thanks again for all your help

1 Like

I’m sure there is because someone else had a similar issue with a different device type. You can try changing the device type code - specifically lines 88 and 91 - from “height: 2” to “height: 3”.

Yes! I specifically use Grovestreams. It’s easy to set up and use:

Anytime!

3 Likes

is there anyway to pull data from smarthings for home energy useage to store in a Database and have external graphing? hasn’t anyone setup it up in such a way yet?

I wish I knew how to write the code to do such a project as I would love to ship all of my logs off to splunk. However for this I’m using the Plotwatt that is mentioned above and the smart app for that. Its shipping all of my usage off and I can graph it there. Splunk would be a lot more fun though since with splunk I can also import my daily solar production as well.

1 Like

I’m looking back at Initialstates again. There are some threads listing all the possibilities. Bidgely was a good one for a while too. Grovestreams is popular as well.