NEW: Aeon Home Energy Monitor v2 Device

No sir. Still an issue

1 Like

This is definitely been an issue for me. I also opened a case with Aeon and they said I might have a defective unit, so I purchased a new one and had the exact same results.

After increasing the sensor time it was more stable and lasted more than a day. However it crashed again and now I am increasing limits more.

// zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 100, size: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: 0).format(), // reset to defaults
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 101, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 6149).format(), // All L1/L2 kWh, total Volts & kWh
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 111, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 360).format(), // Every 60 seconds
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 102, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 1572872).format(), // Amps L1, L2, Total
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 112, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 120).format(), // every 120 seconds
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 103, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 770).format(), // Power (Watts) L1, L2, Total
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 113, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 7).format() // every 7 seconds
], 2000)

Ugg… After about 3 days, HEM stops responding and I have to reset it (pull power).

Having a similar problem myself, it had worked very well for quite some time until a month or two ago when it simply started crashing wonder if something changed on the hubs that it is causing the problems.

I opened an issue awhile back and had an exchange with support. They came back last week saying they confirmed the issue across multiple custom devices and isolated to android, and were looking into it. I pointed to your comments and troubleshooting. So, sounds like something is progressing.

That’s funny…I said something to support a few months back and they said must be a user coding issue, not on there end lol maybe enough people said something

A custom device type I created for my Solar/Android problem has been working fine for quite some time for me. While I believe the Android app is the initiator of the problem, there are ways to get around the issue that aren’t hacks. They just shouldn’t be necessary… OR the two teams working on iOS/Android need to have beers together more often…

I installed the device type today and it seems to be getting updates in the “Recently” tab but when I open the “Right Now” tab I get a red banner on top that says “error loading tiles for %s”. I never get the tiles but on the main display it is showing the kW. Is there a fix?

Having the exact same problem. Not sure what could be causing it, but it happens at all levels. Goes from “error loading tiles for %s” to “error loading room tiles for %s” etc…

What could be causing this??

I figured it out, I removed all of the backround color changing lines with the tiles and it worked…

Hey!

I have your device type working on my v1 home energy meter. Everything looks swell. I just wanted to ask, because I see it in your code, about energyOne and energyTwo. This is referring to the two clamps, right? How can I be certain that the clamps are in the right direction and are reporting correctly?

EDIT: The 1 and 2 stickers were covering the direction indicators. The installation looks good.

Because I’m only seeing in the device page:

battery: 0 %
energy: 1.030 kWh
power: 1093 W
energyDisp: 1.03 kWh
energyTwo: Cost $0.10
powerDisp: 1093 Watts
powerTwo: High 1197 W 5:25 PM

Thanks!
Christopher

Sad to say, but more than a year after I first published my HEM V2+ SmartDevice, SmartThings development have not been able to make the Android UI work the same way that the IOS UI does - specifically, can’t handle button colors and/or variable button strings (depending upon the release one or both won’t work).

Yes, remove the colors, and the latest Android 2.0.6 seems to work. But we shouldn’t have to do that…

1 Like

Which lines did you remove?

Hi,

I seem to be missing something obvious. I have added the device type and then connected the HEMv2 device (the EU version mains powered, single phase) but no data comes through.

Has anyone got the EU version to work? If so how did you do it?

Thanks

Ed

Which lines did you remove? Could you post your revised code?

This is what i eventually figured out…

1 Like

sorry, haven’t actually ordered my Home Energy Monitor yet, so can’t test…

but does this device type allow for the use of peak/off-peak/mid pricing for electric costs based on time of day?

That did the trick for crashes on my Android.

@storageanarchy
I believe SmartThings has a flawed bug tracking process because this and other clearly repeatable bugs just aren’t getting fixed.

Short answer , no.

It will provide you a max, min, and average. These values get reset when the RESET tile is pressed in the SmartApp.

usually its data aggregators like Plotwatt, wattvision etc that would let you stipulate Energy pricing. Im currently using Plotwatt and all I can do is enter a set per kWh value, no tiered pricing. Although it may be because i live outside the US. There is an option to enter a zip code.

Scott, I don’t see an option for tired pricing in Plotwatt for the US either. I don’t think it is an option for personal accounts.