For years, the SmartThings Community has used the Graph IDE tool for advanced features, more detailed views on their smart home, and to further innovate the SmartThings platform with custom integration created by you. As we have moved away from legacy Groovy integrations, the Graph IDE has slowly lost much of its utility and as previously announced, will eventually be deprecated.
With this in mind, we are extremely excited to have launched a new Advanced Web App for SmartThings to help replace many of the important functions of the old Legacy Graph IDE.
This Advanced Web App is available right now by going to my.smartthings.com/advanced!
Alternatively, you can access it at any time from SmartThings Web by selecting the “Settings (⋮)” and choosing “Advanced”.
From the Locations tab, you can see important information about your Location and Rooms.
This includes being able to:
- Edit existing Locations and Rooms or add new ones.
- View UUIDs (used for API calls) for Locations or Rooms.
- Change the current Location Mode and add new Modes.
- Search SmartThings events for the Location.
From the Hubs tab, there will be a summary of details about your hubs as well as an easier way to confirm which driver channels you are enrolled in and which installed drivers are on the hub.
From here, you can:
- View metadata about your hub as well as the status of its various smart home functions.
- Select and view driver channels and be redirected to the driver sharing portal.
- Select and view installed Edge drivers on the hub.
From the Devices tab, not only can you view and edit devices from your locations, but you can also send commands via the Advanced Web App.
Some other features include:
- Filtering device lists by online/offline state, Location, Room, device type, etc.
- Changing the driver for a device (still requires it to fingerprint properly).
- Viewing the attributes of your device and sending commands.
- Searching events for a specific device.
- Adding virtual devices by selecting “Add a new Device”.
From the Scenes and Installed apps tabs, you can edit your Scenes and view information about your installed SmartApps.
These tabs will:
- Show metadata about your SmartApps or Scenes
- Allow for Scene control
The Graph IDE has been a staple of the SmartThings Community since it first launched, and we are so excited to bring you this new tool to take its place as we continue to build out the SmartThings platform. With this in mind, we will shut down access to the Legacy Graph IDE after July 10, 2023.
In the meantime, we look forward to adding new features to the SmartThings Advanced Web app and have opened a new section of the SmartThings Community here where you can make feature requests, call out bugs, or discuss the Advanced Web app with others.
Thanks for your continued support as we grow and build the SmartThings ecosystem.