ADT partnership: ST-ADT touchscreen hub and devices (discussion thread)

@Dallas No Problem I remember how frustrating it was to get mine added.

1 Like

Bestbuy has the hub for $400 again (matching the BF deal) and the devices are also on promotion.

1 Like

Man, nothing but problems with ADT SmartThings panel. Brand new replacement panel and now I get “Console: Radio Modem Network Failure.” The new panel did the initial test and ADT verified the cell test. However, the radio status still shows the same status as when I got it:

Registration Status: Unknown
Connection Status: Down
Power Status: Off
SIM status: Not Locked

That happened to me as well. Have you tried restarting? That solved it for me.

Do people still have problem with SHM? I’ve added to a new account and SHM is still missing.

Hi - I’ve been following this thread since the beginning. Recently installed the system and have switched just about everything over from my v2 hub to the ADT hub. Also, getting into webCore. Good times… :slight_smile:

My question is whether anyone has had problems with any of the sensors continually losing contact with the hub? I’ve got a motion sensor that loses its connection every few days and needs to be reset. I have others further away so I don’t think distance is the issue. I’ve also ruled out batteries. Not really sure who to call. Purchased from BB BTW and past return date.

Thanks for any insight.

@Dallas, the ADT-ST partnership is rather clunky. Probably on purpose considering ADT sells its own competing systems. The issue is communication between ST and ADT and vice versa. Yes, restarting, removing modules, unplugging power and batteries all failed. I received my third new panel, and still had the same issue. Seems you have to completely cancel ADT and then delete the location on your ADT account, which is buried in your ADT dashboard. In addition, you have to remove everything (e.g. devices, apps, routines, everything) on your ST app. Then you have to set up activate the new panel and buy a monitoring plan again like you did the first time, and set everything up like you never had setup anything. The only thing that you cannot do is remove the default location for your ST account.

If you do not cancel and delete on the ADT side, you will pickup where you left off from your original monitoring, but your new cellular radio will not register with ADT. At least that was the issue with mine.

The good news is, after all of this, the first activity logged was the cellular radio connection with ADT. The bad thing is that I had to re-pay for a new monitoring plan again, and wait on ADT to reimburse (albeit, ADT was quick to reimburse and work through their end with me). The bad thing is that you simply cannot call either ST or ADT to resolve any of these types of issues, which require both to do something on each end. The bad is that trying to register all the sensors to a new panel is not very seamless, since I had to remove and add some of the sensors multiple times, because they didn’t properly pair.

@SG967, none of the three panels I have had, have had any issues maintaining communication with the between the panel and sensors.

Hardware issues, you would call Samsung. If past return date for BB, then you would need to contact Samsung to replace under warranty (if still under warranty).

My advice would be to first ensure you completely reset the motion sensor first.: press tamper switch three times, holding on the third time; red LED blink quickly; hold until red LED turns solid (e.g. stops blinking); release; LED will start blinking slowly after about 5seconds, which is the indication to pair.

SHM has never showed up for me either.

I would definitely contact Samsung. They even have a “chat” option. They have been extremely helpful when I’ve had issues with sensors not working correctly.

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum. I have a hub smarthings and I like it a lot. I have an existing alarm system at home. I would like to convert it with adt / smarthings. I only want to change the panel and not the sensors. I do not want to be connected to the alarm center. I only want to receive an alarm notification by my mobile phone. Is it possible and simple to do? thank you

If your existing sensors are wired then definitely check out @heythisisnate’s Konnected.io invention. It’s an incredibly easy and affordable way to leverage those reliable sensors while smartening up your home.

1 Like

I’ve been on the fence about the ADT system since I’m not going to use the ADT service. The keypad for disarming would be nice though and the more reliable sensors. $299.00 makes it even more tempting, so overall what’s the opinion of everyone thats not using the ADT portion? I see that shm still works in the background and with webcore.

Keep in mind that the ADT keypad does not control SHM armed state.

At the moment, using WebCoRE or another SmartApp you can have ADT armed state trigger SHM state, but that’s 100% an unofficial hack and could be disabled at any time.

Thanks, yea that is something that worries me. After going over stuff I think I’m still going to pass on this one.

1 Like

Did you attempt to add it? Go into Automation, SmartApps, “Add a SmartApp” at the bottom, Safety & Security, There it should list “Smart Home Monitor - Security”

1 Like

Unfortunately “Smart Home Monitor - Security” is not included as an option under “Add a SmartApp.” Not sure why it seems to be an option for some and not others. Would be helpful if someone from SmartThings could chime in on the subject.

1 Like

I had it available while i was migrating from my Smartthings link to the ADT system.

Does Support@SmartThings.com have an official answer to the question: “How can I used Smart Home Monitor if I have the ADT Security Hub”?

SHM does “stuff” that is valuable in addition to official ADT-ST security; for one thing, you could choose to use your regular ST ZigBee and Z-Wave sensors in SHM in addition to the ADT specialized sensors.

Does anyone know if there is a limitation to the number of ADT sensors the system can use. I currently have 15 attached and it appears it won’t accept more. It doesn’t say it is limited though, my new sensors just will not pair. I was able to remove a key fob and add a door sensor so I it feels like a random limit of 15

Between my doors and windows I need 18 door window/sensors. This could end up killing it for me and cause me to return it.

Edit smart things support just responded and said it should support of to 64 ADT Sensors so I went back through the process to add the new devices and it worked. Now I am having other issues related to ADT Monitoring, but atleast all the sensors are added.