New ADT partnership, new touchscreen hub and devices 10/29/2017

security
project_security
adt

When the smartthings outage occurred was everyone’s ADT panel out as well?

(Christopher) #613

My ADT panel was not impacted by any of the ST outages.

(Damion Farah) #614

Is this panel available in the uk ?

(Christopher) #615

Right now it appears to only be available in the US.

(Scttq) #616

I saw a blip in the ST service early in the morning last weekend. The only impact to the security side (ADT side) is that you can’t use the ST app to arm/disarm. You can of course use the control panel like a traditional alarm. Alarm events are sent directly from the alarm side via cell data to ADT.

(Scott Purkey) #617

So I have been using the ADT Smart Things for about 6 weeks now. I currently use the Arm Stay as I am still adjusting the motion sensors so my cats do not set them off. SO when I get up in the morning the Alarm is already set for Alarm Stay. When I leave I do the quick Exit button and go out the door. This does not create a log as I am not really Disarming the system. Well Yesterday I had an Interesting thing happen. I came home from work and my system was Not Armed. I checked the log and there was no record of it being disarmed but I did have the following two Records:
Programming Mode Started Jan10, 1:07 PM
Programming Mode terminated Jan 10, 1:07 PM

I went into the app on my phone and it stilled showed that the system was armed. I pressed the Disarm button in the App but it just showed the working icon. I force closed the App after about 30 seconds and armed and disarmed the system at the panel. I then reopened the app and it matched what the panel said and allowed me to arm the system through the App.

This is the first problem I have had and it is a little disconcerting as I had no way of knowing the system was not armed while I was away from the house. I will keep an Eye on it and see if it happens again.
Does anybody know what “Programming Mode Started” means? The only thing I can think of is it might be an update of some kind.

Last few comments has be thinking if I should re consider buying the Google Nest Secure alarm system over this =P. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles and automation ,but it might be a solid self monitor alarm system.

I’ve had a recurring issue that I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing: Frequently after I use the ADT hub panel to arm the system, when I later open the ST app it will not load the current ADT status under the “Home Security” card on the main screen. If I go to the “Security Manager” page in the ST app, it says at the top “We were unable to retrieve the state of your ADT…” Force closing the ST app and re-opening fixes it everytime. Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts?

(Christopher) #620

The same thing happens to me. I have a ticket open with support for another issue ADT issue and they are aware of the issue you mentioned. Hopefully they figure out what’s going on.

(Scott Purkey) #621

I have had the same issue with the App not showing the alarm status. I just force close and reopen it and all is good. It is a pain but hope they fix it soon.

(Scttq) #622

Was just at Best Buy and saw that the ADT/ST sensors are 20% off now, $5 off door/window and $8 off motion.

(Christopher) #623

Thanks again! This just saved me a few hours of heartache. I built a piston to arm stay, arm away or disarm based on location mode. It’s working flawlessly with the updated parameter string you mentioned. Auto arm/disarm scored me major points with the wife. :slight_smile:

(Christopher) #624

Are you still liking the key fob? Best Buy has it on sale for $19.99, so I was thinking of picking one up. Just curious as to how it’s holding up and if you still see value in it. Cheers!

(Joey) #625

I’m just curious if when you guys without the SHM set up the panel if you set it up under a SmartThings Account or if you set it up under a Samsung account. When I first got my panel I set it up using my SmartThings account (at the startup screen of smartthings you click “I’m a SmartThings User”). When I set it up like this I didn’t have SHM. I now have it setup under my Samsung account (Click “New to SmartThings”) Even though I use the same e-mail address for both but when I click “New to SmartThings” it logs you in with your Samsung account which is what I am using now and I have the SHM.

(Christopher) #626

Interesting! I set mine up under my SmartThings account and I do not have SHM visible. I’ve never used SHM, so I guess I didn’t care one way or another if I had it with ADT.

So your auto disarm works perfectly as well? When I set mine up the auto disarm on presence worked maybe 1 out 3 times.

Interesting. I’ll have to try this.

(Stephen) #629

Please look at reviews. I really wanted the Nest as well but there are lots of issues it appears.

(Christopher) #630

I’ve configured my arm / disarm to change based on my location mode. So she. I leave I execute the “goodbye” routine and my ADT panel automatically arms. I’ve had configured this way for about a week and it’s worked 100% of the time. I presume that if I configured my “goodbye” to execute on my presence that the system would arm correctly. All of my configuration had been done in WebCoRE.

Yea i did the same with the goodbye routine. Unfortunately when i setup up “I’m Back” to disarm on presence it would not work. It wouldn’t even work when I just manually select the I’m Back routine.