Neptune Apex controller

any update or anything more i can do to help?

Hello again,

I’ve been swamped irl and unable to focus on this. I’m really sorry about
that. Maybe if there’s someone else who knows a bit of groovy, they can
pick up this feature request for now.

I’d be happy to review a PR but I don’t have time right now to really get
my head back into the whole ST ecosystem enough to confidently develop a
new feature on hardware I can’t test with in real time.

If you’re up to trying your own hand at it, I suspect this is going to
amount to a lot of copypasta, to be honest.

We can chat in PM further if you’d like.

–James

no problem. I think i got it at least for on off and auto. It all seems to be working. Just had at add a couple of lines

So I’ve gotten back for a second attempt to get this installed. The one question I didn’t ask was which version hub you have? I’m still on v1. I even installed an android emulator on my desktop and still can’t get past the connecting screen. I follow this thread so I know it’s working for everyone else.

That could certainly be it. v2. I got in pretty late in the game :smiley:

Just an fyi for anyone still interested. I have a modified version that includes Amp and pH values (they are simply assigned as temperature capabilities for ease of programming). I am terrible at programming so I am sure it is not the best way to do things. May try to figure out what can be done with the Apex power failure alarms, but that may be well outside my expertise.

Very cool. Feel free to submit a PR in github if you want to make your changes more widely available.

Do you still have this?

Finally got around to upgrading to a version 2 hub and it works great.

I’m interested in trying you modified version.

Sorry for the way delayed response. Haven’t been here in quite some time. First, I take no authorship of this work as I simply utilized existing work to make some additions. Please install everything per the author and then modify the smart device and include the following new devices under my devices in the API.

Link to the smartapp modification

Link to the additonal device handlers

Awesome work I have 2 questions
First once the sensors show up in smartthings and then are added to the google home app, how do I query google to read me the value? I have the PH and temperature sensors in a room called “Fish Tank” but when I ask google for the “fish tank temperature” It doesn’t understand.

Also is it possible to get device handlers for Salinity, ORP and also Calcium, Alkinity and Magnesium (I have a trident)

Hi Dave. I do not own a google home or any of the extra sensors you have. Sorry. My son is getting a google home for Xmas so I may have time to look at it sometime after that, but probably not until sometime in the new year. Making up device code for things I do not have and cannot test would be tough.

Brock

No worries I actually nearly have them all working, using what you made when I work out how to share code and get a spare minute I’ll post them.

The main issue I have now is that all the sensors show up as temperature sensors in google home and when I ask google what the values are it adds “degrees” at the end, e.g “The Salinity is 34.5 degrees”

If I could work out what I could set them too and still have google home report the values it would be perfect.

Just curious if anyone has this working with other sensors such as water level sensors from the VDM.

I’d love to integrate my high water level sensor on my ato tank so that alexa can see the switch and give me a verbal alert.

I can use an alexa routine to give verbal alerts when smartthings contact sensors close, but I haven’t been able to figure this out with the alexa optical water level sensors.

Sorry, I meant from FMM module