Neo Coolcam Z PIR + TEMP sensor

I have just purchased the new Neo Coolcam Z PIR + TEMP motion sensors. I’m unable to pair with my SmartThings gen2 hub.

I have the older Neo Coolcam Z PIR motion sensors without temprature. A couple of years ago using the Smartthing Classic app on my iphone, I was able to successfully pair them and use the zooZ mini device handler.

Since the smartthings classic app has been deprecated, I’m not sure what to do about my pairing issue. Please advise.

Hey there @gkraft4

If you were unable to discover the Z-Wave device using Scan or Adding by (+) > General Z-Wave Device. You may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connected with the SmartThings Hub.

In the SmartThings app:
From the Home screen, touch the menu (Menu icon), and select Devices
Touch the Hub and select More Options (More Options menu icon)
Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
Press the “Action” button once

You can then attempt to re-pair the device according to the device instructions to your hub using the below steps.

In the SmartThings app:
From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
Select General Z-Wave Device
Touch Start
Choose a Hub for the device
Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
While the Hub searches, press the “Action” button once.

If the symptom persists, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

SamsungZell, thank you for the detailed reply. I tried following your instructions; however, I could not get them to pair. The reply I got from SmartThings ticket 1129787 was that the device is not supported. I find this troubling as the device is Z-Wave Plus, CE, FCc, and RoHS certified.