Neo Coolcam motion sensor support?

The Custom handler that I use is from Zooz (New Ticket - Zooz Support Center), you will find that Zooz’s sensors are “very” similar to Neo!

note1: please note that battery seems to be always at 100% !!!
note2: the handler Git location is in the above link

1 Like

I have tried all the handlers I found in this thread. The best thing I can get from this sensor is motion and battery. I was hoping for temp. Any news from anyone? Thanks.

it doesn’t support temperature

Hi,
The LUX sensor is stuck with the value at the moment of pairing. It does not update, do you have any ideas?

Er du norsk?

KR / MVH
Langoose

Ja det er jeg :smile:

Take a look at these handlers. Should be the same devices and there you can set the LUX reporting threshold.
I think the default is a change of 100LUX for it to report a new value

Hi, just got one of the Neo motion sensors which is a great little sensor but I want to disable the red led from flashing on motion. I’ve tried the zooz DH, the neo DH and Fibaro DH but none of them actually diable the led when I set it to be turn off. Anyone had any luck with disabling the led? Thanks

I have zooZ Mini Sensor DH and I’m able to disable red light. Did you push the button on the sensor? If no, you have to wait for sync.

I used the fibero DH for awhile then started using the coolcam motion DH. These are by far my favorite motion sensors. They work flawless and have very good sensing capabilities. I have about 4 different brands of motion sensors and these are the easiest to install,configure and just work. I haven’t even had to put a battery in a single one yet too.

Thanks for the info, I’ve somehow managed to get the led not to come on after trying lots of different device handlers. I’ve settled on the Fibaro device handlers as it does the motion and the temperature sensing.

Anyone knows how to pair the Neo Coolcam to Smartthings? My does not show in “devices” and “catch all”. I try to rapidly push the button on the device and the red light flashes five times. Is it any other way of paring?

deleted by me, the writer … I found the answer to my first question lower down on the page.

Hi @mate - I just bought a NEO Compact Z-Wave Plus motion sensor, which is very similar to the zooZ Mini Sensor. From within my SmartThings IDE, under the Templates tab, I’m not able to find the brand “zooZ”. I’d like to be able to find it and learn where to change the code to disable the red light. Any advice you can give me? (Newbie here.)

Hi @Neb9 - I also own a NEO motion sensor and I also need to disable the red LED light. I read that you were able to do just that, using a Fibaro device handler. I’m a newbie and got as far as logging into my ST STE and I found the Fibaro motion sensor device handler under the Template tab. Would you please share with me … where in the code of that Fibaro DTH is the information about the red LED light, and what I should change in the code to disable the red LED light?

i am using this DH for my neo coolcam motion sensor

Thanks so much @zorro18 ! A couple of questions (I’ve never used a DH before).

On my SmartThings Classic app on my Android phone, under Things, when I click on the device name and view ‘Right Now’, under where it says ‘No Motion’ it says ‘Pending’. How long does it typically take for the ST app to see the new DH?

In your custom DH, I made a change in the following two lines … I changed the 0 to 1 for Disable LED Blink, and I changed the 1 to 0 for Enable LED Blink. Did I do the wrong thing? (Because the red LED still flashes when there’s motion.)

These are original lines of code: (I then switched the 1 and the 0)

<Item label="Disable LED Blink" value="0" />
   <Item label="Enable LED Blink" value="1" />  

If I did the wrong thing, should I change things back in the DH code at my ST IDE and click on the Publish button again?

Does anyone have this working with the adt smarthings hub?

@Suzie, I was only sharing the DH developed by someone. I am afraid I cant answer your questions as I am also new to ST.

That’s not how it works. Install the handler and then assign it to the device in the ide. Then change the setting in the app.

Anyone get the LUX sensor to work on the Neo Coolcam PIR sensor? There are several DHs listed here? Which ine have all three sensors working - motion, temp, and lux?

Thank you.

As far as i know none of the mini sensors have temperature or humidity, only motion and lux. A few of the device handlers work. I was using the Zooz mini one with my coolcam mini sensor and it works ok.