Need suggestions for external lighting fixtures

I’m looking for external lighting solutions for the front of my house to replace a dumb light fixture that’s there at the moment. Aesthetics are obviously pretty important but I’m curious to know how others have solved this puzzle? The nicest I’ve found at the moment are the Philips Econic lamps but they’re both pricey and require a Hue bridge, which I dont have. Anything else people can suggest? I’m in Ireland, which is probably important.

For most of our outdoor lighting, we just replaced the switch, not the fitting. As long as you don’t use a dimmer switch on a non-dimmable lamp, it should be fine. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh interesting, I didnt think of approaching it that way. Thanks, that should be a much much cheaper approach. (I’m gonna change the lights anyway cos I hate the pair that are up.)

1 Like

I didn’t want to invest in our old houses with small switch boxes, so I opted for the bulbs. And my wife is happy with her sconces and fixtures, she’s not crazy about ST. :expressionless: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: