I’m trying to brain storm here on a problem that I’ve incurred regarding a pool remodel i’m doing. Here is my issue.
- I’m adding Hayward pool automation equipment to my pool. I know Hayward doesn’t integrate with ST and I’m ok with that.
- The electrical wiring for the pool lights does not travel back to the pool equipment. It’s an old pool and they ran the wiring for the lights to a switch that is on the exterior wall of the house. In order for the Hayward to control the lights, the load wire for the lights needs to travel back to the Hawyard control panel and that is a long underground run that doesn’t currently exist.
As a possible solution I’m thinking of doing this.
- have the hawyard “think” it has lights attached( lets call this fake lights) by adding a zwave device to the load of the hayward relay.
- have a zwave switch in the jbox where the light switch is currently located.
- setup an automation so when the hawyard relay turns on and sends voltage to the zwave “fake light” my ST automation also turns on the zwave light switch in jbox.
Hopefully this all makes sense.
My question is this. Is there a zwave device that will change state when voltage is applied to it? I know there are zwave relays that will supply voltage to a load but I’m wondering if what I need for this to work actually exists. It’s a unique situation, I think.
I could just skip the Hayward control of the pool lights and go directly with ST for the lights but I’d like to keep all the pool gear contained in the hayward app.
Appreciate any help provided.