Need Help Making a Device Handler for Leviton DZ6HD Dimmer

I am working on one now, and will share when I am done (hopefully this week). Until then, you can use the generic Dimmer device. It doesn’t allow you to change the switch configuration settings detailed in the installation instructions, and doesn’t use the remembered dimmer setting when you turn it on, but it is functional.

1 Like

Info on TWO handlers for the DZ6HD can be found in these posts:

First, one that pre-dates mine (and is better in some ways), at:

and mine, at

I am interested in writing a device handler (or modifying the existing one) for the GE/Jasco Zwave+ switch, similar to what you’ve done here. I want to program the switch so that it doesn’t disconnect the power when the user presses the switch, it only reports the event back to the hub. Do you know if this functionality exists? If not, where would one find the API for this switch (or any switch)?

I doubt very much that the hardware itself can do that. It would almost certainly be designed to respond on its own to the press of the switch. In order to do that, I think that you would have to use a standalone switch, like one from Aeon labs, and then a separate Z-Wave actuator (which could be your existing Z-Wave switch - not connected to any load, just to the line).

Did you ever find a solution to this dimming problem? Really annoying that they hardly dim.