Need help figuring out where to start with security alert sequence (lights and multiple notifications in sequence)

Hi, new user here. I have had my smartthings hub for about a week, and I’d like it to be able to do the following:

1. When the mode is set to night, away, or vacation, and when any of the 4 multipurpose sensors contact changes to open, or the acceleration becomes active, send a text message stating that the door or window is open, or that vibration is detected on the door or window.

2. After that, I would like several lights to flash for 5 minutes(I have no speaker or siren) to alert an intruder that they have been detected.

3. If a door or window remains open, I’d like texts to be sent every five minutes. Once the door or window is closed, a confirmation message is sent.

I figured out how to do most of this with the smart home monitor, except the flashing the lights and sending repeat texts while the door or window remains open. I did get webCoRE installed and working, and wrote a basic piston that would send the texts and flash the lights, but it would not just turn them on and off, instead it dimmed them up and down. Not really the effect I was looking for. And I did not get the repeat texts to happen every five minutes.

What’s the best and most efficient/reliable way to set this up? Do everything in webcore, or combine it with the smart home monitor? Should one piston be used to do everything?

Thanks,

Mike