N00bs guide to ST & GD00Z (Garage Door Controller)

I had the same issue with mine awhile back and I had to unplug, wait, and plug it back in, but I also disconnected/reconnected the leads. May try that before assuming it’s bad. If it still beeps when you send the command, and the notifications fire when the door opens/closes, then I would think power is good, connectivity to the hub is good, and the tilt sensor on the door is good. It could just be the leads got loose.

Does the Ridiculously Automated Garage door app work under the new SmartThings app?
The classic SmartThings app expires 10/14/20 and I’m trying to figure out what’s going to break when I migrate to the new SmartThings app.
Thanks.

You can install both apps right now and see how it works. They will work side by side. That’s even true after you use the “migrate to the new app” button. MIgration only disables a few specific features (detailed elsewhere, but SHM, Routines, and a lock manager). You can still use the Classic app up until they turn it off.

I am using the Ridiculously Automated Garage Door app with the RG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener device handler. I followed this thread when I set up my GD00Z 5 years ago.

I received a warning about the tilt sensor battery being low. However, after I replaced it, the new ST app still displays 0% battery life.

Should the battery life be displayed correctly in the new ST app by the RG Linear GD00Z device handler?

Do I need a newer version of the device handler or a different device handler?
The current device handler is not displaying the battery status:

Current States * contact: closed

I just updated to V2 of RG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener device handler, which says “Fixed Battery Status for Low Battery (Needs manual reset when replaced).”

I saved and republished device handler, but new ST app still shows 0% battery life after replacing battery in tilt sensor.

How do you do a “manual reset” when the battery is replaced?

Just checked mine and it also says 0% on the battery - So I think this is “normal” as everything is working fine.