Mystery Device?

(Sean Murray) #1

The other day, when I went to trigger one of my hello home commands, I noticed something odd. When SmartThings listed the devices it turned off there was a device that isn’t actually one of my devices. I’ve attached a screenshot to show what I’m talking about. There is a device listed called “Gggggg”. I have no idea what this is and it is definitely not something I’ve created. I can’t seem to figure out why SmartThings keeps mentioning it when it lists the devices that are being turned off. Any idea why this is occurring?

(Matt) #2

In the IDE under my devices look and see if any label or device name is called Gggggg

(Sean Murray) #3

That was my first thought too. I checked IDE and couldn’t find anything that had that name anywhere.

(Chrisb) #4

Dang it Sean… please stop turning off my light! Trying to get some work done in my G-room and all of a sudden the lights go out at 9:28.

Did you recently rename or delete a device?

(DLee) #5

Maybe check your smartapp configs in IDE for accidental use of a virtual device? Sometimes easy to miss deselecting virtual devices when setting smartapp preferences in IDE.

(Darryl) #6

I would suggest just contacting support. I contacted them this morning, had someone available to me immediately (online chat). Doesn’t always happen that way, but no complaints when it does! :smile: