Mysmartblinds

I’ve just gone to order another mysmartblind from https://www.tiltsmarthome.com/ to go with my other one and have found they don’t deliver to the UK anymore, I’ve contacted them and they have confirmed that the company policy is not to ship or sell outside of the US. This is really frustrating as although they still hadn’t got Smartthings working they were rock solid reliable and I’ve been using them for nearly 12 months with no issues at all.

So I am now looking for an alternative smart motor for a Venetian blind, that ship to the UK, does anyone have a recommendation, or anyone who wants to sell a mysmartblind kit to me :wink: ??

you can check and see if www.myiblinds.com ships to the UK.

I’ve tried on the their website and Shopify says UK is not a destination they ship to, I’ve emailed them too.

Are these really the only two smart blind retrofit motors available and it seems neither supply the UK market!?

I also spoke with iblinds as i have one of their motors, and like mysmartblinds, they also no longer ship to the UK. They say it is due to the frequency of the z-wave chips, but hope that when they upgrade to the series 700 chips (cover all frequencies) in approx 6 months to a year they hope to be able to sell internationally again. Annoying as they managed to include a EU chip in the order i received from backing them when they were crowdfunding.

I’m very surprised that Aeotec or fibaro haven’t got in to this or any of the smartlife/tuya companies.

I wouldn’t believe a word they’re saying.
They are lying about ST integration for 2 years now.

You might try having the order shipped to a reshipper that is located in the US and will reship your package to the UK.

Thanks for comments and suggestions - iblinds have confirmed in writing they no longer ship to the UK which is the same as mysmartblinds have said :frowning:

I’ll look at reshipping thanks @TylerDurden for the suggestion :slight_smile:

You might also check ebay or amazon for a reseller that will ship to the UK.

Progress I guess, but why would they fix roller shades before blinds? It’s been 3 years. They never are willing to say what the hold up is specifically, always vague answers every time I ask them.

1 Like

Yep, bait and switch, wish I can get refund for it since I would have never purchased if the did not promised ST integration!

Now that we’ve cut the dead weight of the classic app loose, any chance on us getting the hub integration for mysmartblinds?

Their smart roller shades are now integrated, but still no sign of the blinds :frowning:

Would be nice.

Do the roller shades run on the same hub as the blinds?

They do not. You have to select the one your purchasing and the website says if you have blinds and rollers, you need two hubs.

Oh well…

yeah, it’s a really poorly engineered solution.

1 Like

It’s even more messed up than that. It’s the same hub just running different firmware. I accidentally updated my hub from the blinds firmware to the rollershade one thinking it was newer and would work with Smartthings. It lost the ability to control my blinds. You also can’t downgrade the firmware. I ended up having to mail them my hub so they could send me one with the blinds firmware on it. I doubt they’ll ever get the blinds integrated with Smartthings at this point but at least I’ll be ready if they do.

That’s ridiculous. I spent over $6K in blinds and I still have another 8 blinds to purchase. Oh well, I guess I can live with what it is for now. Sure would be nice to run on a routine/automation instead of just straight scheduling.

1 Like

iBLinds has their V3 model up for preorder for October delivery. May be worth looking into instead.