Mysmartblinds

That’s cool…Is there a way to merge several of the threads we have on this subject? There’s a couple different ones that have lingered, it would be nice to get them all together. Maybe it will be easier to collaborate that way?

Not sure if having the hub will open up the possibility of linking it to ST sooner? There are some super smart people on here :slight_smile: I’m not one of them lol!

I went in for 9 kits. I figure as long as their mobile app can access the hub, the community will put together a DTH if an official integration isn’t quick.

If they are linked in with Amazon AWS, is there a way to get the link in from there?

Just an FYI, their Kickstarter campaign is almost over and it has done very well. I bought a bunch of these when they had their Black Friday special on their regular website/Amazon (solar was free.) So far, I am extremely impressed with these units…A bit of a learning curve to get them installed, but after the first one, it is fairly easy. Their ioS app needs some work, but the basic foundation is there (e.g., you can’t see what the percentage of your battery is left, just a battery indicator and few other things the app should be able to do…) It also acts funny trying to update the firmware, it usually took 2-3 tries to get it to upload…once it did, it was fine.

On their video within the Kickstarter campaign, at the end, they said they will have a roller shade version in 2018. Based on what I’m seeing with their blinds version, I’m very interested in their upcoming roller shades…

I’d like to see a company representative start coming on here and interacting with us…

1 Like

UPDATE:

It looks like the hubs are going out for Beta testing. Hopefully there’s someone on ST’s (for sure not me) that can figure out a way to integrate the blinds as “things” using the hub. For starters, the integration will work with Alexa. I know they will eventually get to this, but maybe someone with the hub will be able to figure out how to integrate with ST?

I’m excited about this. Sunrise-sunset is pretty good but to be able to automatically close when presence sensors are no longer detected would be great.

How about not closing if the window is open? That would be good and completely possible once we can get this linked up with ST using various sensors on the windows. Alexa app already showing Mysmartblinds…Looks like the invocation word is “tell” and the full name of the product…I hope we will be able to make a custom word within Alexa, otherwise, by the time you get to the end of your sentence, you’ll have forgotten what you wanted to do :slight_smile: I’m hoping this can be integrated with EchoSistant, etc?

1 Like

The motor units check temperature, and the charging voltage coming in from the solar panel… It would be very cool if the DTH could access these readings from the mySmartBlinds hub. Not only would I have 9 blinds under ST control, but instantly have 9 temp sensors and 9 luminance sensors without buying any additional hardware.

Once ST is talking to the mSB hub, we can use the ST Alexa skill just like we do for other devices. So it should be easy to add an Alexa routine so you can say “open my kitchen blinds”, etc.

1 Like

And you’d be able to get notifications via email, etc…It would also be nice to see the percentage of the charge, not something they current show.

True, but not until then. I’m hoping someone can help integrate a “man in the middle” solution, sorta like the Lutron bridge/ST integration (running on a Raspberry Pi, etc.)

The hub is working (for the most part…) Now how do we get this connected to ST? :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting on my hub, but I can report that the latest update to their Android app fixed my issues with schedules and sun tracking. I had to uninstall/reinstall the Android app for the update to actually not brick the app.

The Bridge is now working fine with Alexa. Blinds respond very quickly to commands, but I can’t wait for the blinds to show up as things, that will make the Alexa working much easier with routines.

1 Like

Any update on hub still working well? Mines coming with regular shipment was too slow for beta, anyone able to add blinds to SmartThings?

It works decent. The invocation word is too long and cumbersome and this can easily be solved via Alexa routines once the devices show up as things. Unable to see the device status and properly control them through the app (without bluetooth, wifi)…

Anyone able to figure out how to use a Raspberry Pi, etc. as the “man in the middle” to get the blinds to show up on ST?

My hub is in the mail. Has there been any progress in getting the blinds to show up as Things?

Unfortunately, no.

I am still waiting on mine to ship…Their product page for the Smart Bridge is showing Samsung SmartThings is June but time will tell.

Good catch, that must be fairly new info. That would be great, as I will be able to tie them into WebCoRE.