My Top issues with v2 - READ because missing features, you are going backwards

This was an oversight by ST that will be fixed soon. In the meantime, here is the app that provides that functionality. As @bridaus said, this need popped up and was shortly filled.

4 Likes

Clarification question - does the app provide for turning off a switch X minutes after no motion being detected on a sensor (vs. a fixed timeout)?

BTW, did ST actually state this was unintentional omission and provide an ETA for fix? Or is that just the expectation of some regular users?

Not this app, but another one I published for the same reason (ST omission). No, ST hasnā€™t actually stated that nor provided an ETA for a fix (they rarely do), itā€™s just fairly obvious that this was an unintentional omission. You can find ā€œTurn off after motion stopsā€ here:

HaHa, ā€œsoonā€ is a relative term, and could mean anythingā€¦

4 Likes

As per SmartThings support:

The only thing that was removed was the ability in-app to have a shortcut on Doors & Locks that both controlled the garage door and showed you the status. You should create a room called ā€œGarageā€ and put the relay and the tilt sensor (if you have one) in that room.

1 Like

I appreciate your help on this. That said, I have cancelled my V2 hub order and will revisit it if and when ST updates the app to include this deprecated functionality.

I see no reason to experience the early adopter joys this time around for unknown benefits. Hopefully they will improve the released product soon.

2 Likes

I have a new Chamberlain garage door opener. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a Loweā€™s exclusive because I havenā€™t seen the model anywhere else during my research and attempted price comparison. It has the MyQ built it so you donā€™t have to buy a separate wifi module. It works perfectly with a community app from ST. When you close the door remotely, either through the Chamberlain app or ST, the garage light flashes and the thing beeps for about ten seconds to warn people that the door is closing from a remote wifi control. So if youā€™re in the garage and your spouse wants to mess with you while theyā€™re away from home, you donā€™t get locked out on the wrong side. I donā€™t think getting whacked on the head would happen given the safety sensors.

1 Like

Built in? Really? Argh, I want that one, but Iā€™m not willing to replace my six month old one. I hate all the little hubs/dongles I have for all this stuff. The MyQ one is especially annoying because itā€™s for one device, albeit an important one.

Have you considered that if something goes wrong with the internet interface down the road, youā€™re probably looking at a new motherboard for the opener with it built-in. $$$

Youā€™re trying to make me feel better. Mission accomplished, YEAH thatā€™s why I donā€™t want that! :wink: (niggling feelingI really do want it has been suppressed).

In all seriousness Iā€™d rather have less wires, less separate parts. With manufacturers I trust, I am perfectly fine with combination devices. Motherboards and wifi chips are only getting cheaper. That being said, I wonā€™t spend the money, and hopefully Iā€™ll have to wait many years until this one dies. There are worse things than money being vacuumed out of my wallet at high rates of speed. For reference, the garage opener I replaced was from 1986. I replaced a nylon gear in it once myself, and then finally decided that it was too loud, too manual, and dangerous and replaced it.

LW9000WF is the model number. I couldnā€™t find it anywhere else. I was glad I read the reviews on the other models because they said MyQ Ready and I almost bought one that didnā€™t have it built-in.

Rub it in, sureā€¦ :wink: You made me go here: Wifi Enabled Opener

Now Iā€™m off kilter again. I wonder if I could accidentally fry my motherboardā€¦ hmmā€¦

1 Like

It is a bit big to put in the microwaveā€¦

Iā€™d rather get rid of the seven foot bar and box hanging from the ceiling. (c;

https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes/Garage-Door-Openers/Elite-Series/model-8500

1 Like

I am not able to change the thingsā€™ icon on things under Hub v2.
I use android phone Samsung S5.
do anybody have the same issue ?

I have the same problem on only one switch. No matter what icon I select, it goes back to the default switch icon. This is on v2 and iOS.

Support told me not being able to change icons is a known issue right now that they are working on.

Itā€™s not just the V2 Hub. Itā€™s the V2 app itself, with either hub.

1 Like

I may have missed it completely, but has anyone found where to set the ā€œNotify me whenā€ option when a contact is left open for xx number of minutes? I see where to get notified immediately if a contact opens, but not after a specified amount of time. Or is this another thing we lost with v2 for nowā€¦?

Smart Home Monitoring, custom action is capable of doing that.

1 Like

Thanks! Just as you posed that, I found this thread:

Now to do some testing as I donā€™t want to have to ā€œarmā€ the system just for doors being left open.