My Smart Blinds

(Joel W) #1

Well I have MySmartBlinds for about 10 days and find them to be a fantastic and their reasonable price makes them a smart deal. Just hoping for Bluetooth integration soon. The company says they are working on hub support, so I hope ST is one. But at least the blinds work once setup without human interaction. They open to my desired angle according to a time I set according to the sun and close the same way. So even with it not part of ST it feels like it is.

(Brian Smith) #2

How loud is it when you have a few blinds in a room moving at the same time?

(Joel W) #3

To be honest that depends on a few things. My install is one double window 6’6" wide and heavy Faux blinds. Now the variables that make it more or less noise.

1. My blind has a shallow head rail which meant the motor had to be mounted without its mount which the company says is fine except it makes more noise.
  2. There is a setting in the phone software that allows the blind to be opened a few degrees at a time until fully open after a certain number of minutes.
  3. The noise my blinds make for just a few seconds to where the blind is horizontal is very little, so I don’t mind. It also opens when I am not in the room and closes also when I am not in the room. Time open or time close is set by you.

(Darryl) #4

This makes me excited, unfortunate I am broke!

I remember eyeing these long time ago, so to hear them working and being sold, is great!

Look forward to hearing more in the future.

(Joel W) #5

I am in contact with the company as I have three windows side by side that are 9’ x4" long and have a common head rail. I asked them if I can somehow couple the rods together and remove the pull cord tilt mechanisms and replace them with one switch and one motor, as that would save me a lot of money.

(Derrek Krasnicki ) #6

I have them too and love them, use the sun tracking and it’s fantastic, can’t wait for Smartthings integration

(Joel W) #7

I am hoping this comes soon, I am a real fan of these.

(Joel) #8

these look great. when they say compatible with 2" min =- do they mean the main unit that controls the tilting of the blinds must be 2" wide for it to work?

(Derrek Krasnicki ) #9

Yes the motor has to fit in the rail

(Joel W) #11

Exactly the rail has to be at least two inches wide by 1.5 or more deep. I have them now for a good while and they haven’t used much battery at all so I haven’t even charged the battery yet. Opens and closes so integration with smart things would be nice but since they never fail to work not necessary and there is a app for it.

(Joel) #12

pretty impressive. integration with smartthings would be difficult without having the blinds bluetooth connect to a hub of some sort (perhaps ST?)

thank you for that though. gonna go measure my blinds!

(jonny) #13

I backed MOVE on kickstarter, I can post some feedback when I/if i receive them :wink:

(Joel W) #14

I have them a while now not needed to charge them and I think they are great and easy to install. I hope we can one day be able to use with ST, but so far no luck, as Bluetooth isn’t turned on on V2 Hub.