My Smart Apps Not Updating

I’m somewhat new to ST, and wrote a very small smart app to link light switches. I realized I wanted to change the child switch to children switches, and added a simple “multiple: true” parameter to the input.

Despite saving and publishing the app, it will not update in my ST iPhone app. I’m also experiencing the same issue with apps I have not authored.

Is there a process to follow in order to update apps in the IDE so that they are available via the mobile ST app?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Can you share the code with us?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. The code is actually inconsequential to the issue. Any app/code I update is no longer appearing in the “My Apps” section in the ST app.

Examples include: The small app I authored (literally five lines added to the standard boilerplate) is not updating in ST. Same thing with NST Manager. I updated the code from 5.2.0 to 5.2.3, but I’m unable to update the app itself once the code is published. (Only the old app is available via ST -> My Apps)

I contacted ST support, but they informed me they do not assist developers.

So in case anyone else is having the same issue, apparently my IDE was attached to the wrong shard, which meant any updates done through the IDE weren’t being applied to the same instance that my phone was attached to.

Hey Jeff,

So are you fixed now that you are pointed to the right shard? Are you able to view the NST Manager update now?

Did support do something to your account to fix, or did they direct you to login via https://account.smartthings.com?

You were on the correct shard at some point because you had 5.2.0 and were able to install.

Yes, I was able to get NST-Manager updated once I was on the correct shard. I asked the support tech how I was directed to the wrong shard, and he didn’t seem to know. Only thing I can think of is that my account was migrated to the “correct” shard without my knowledge.

Frankly, I’m confused as to why clients need to be tied to a specific shard. Seems like something load balancing or a controller should take care of.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I’m now receiving the twice daily NST-Manager “new version available” alerts, prompting me to “upgrade” from 5.2.3 to 5.2.0. Can these alerts be disabled at all? Insignificant patches isn’t something that should alert if you’re unable to control the notifications.

Thanks!