My morning app just started, it's 9:40 PM. WTF?

Listen, if you have an open platform for HA rules (which is what is good about ST) and not locked down to fixed use cases then damn right you should be expected to debug reasons why/why not IMHO, if you can debug you can work around issues, however here is the rub what happens in the real world, when you do debug like i have done many many times recently and the result of that debugging? 0 entries in any of the IDE logs/events…now that is what you should be shouting about.! for example the platform update this week, stuff wasn’t firing from smart app’s i debugged, found 0 entries to explain the cause. i spent about 3 hours debugging and deleting/recreating rules before the issue appeared on the status page, and even then i want 100% sure i could correlate it with the limited input.

I have better success with my good morning routine by firing from an event. I have a rule in rule machine to which specifies that between the hours of 05:30 and 11:00 to cater for weekends also, when i/or the wife wakes up and goes into the en-suite bathroom it triggers the Morning routine, this works extremely well and never misses.

now what would improve that would be if we could get the Night and Wakeup triggers from our Microsoft Bands and feed that into ST, that would be ace, i’ve been looking at the SDK of the band but i’m not sure if its doable which is a shame

I actually am very competent at debugging code and sometimes find it rewarding :wink:!

However, it is very challenging and :rage: frustrating when one has to use the basic ST IDE along with primitive event logs to deal with erratic SmartThings backend routines. I have stopped most of my critical HA routines (Locks, HVAC, Garage Door, etc) until ST engineers can stop the bleeding. Hopefully 2016 will be the year!

yup, and here’s hoping they allow us to specify times in the events window so we dont have to troubleshoot immediatly and can take our time up to 7 days, my mouse scroll wheel needs oiled its been scrolling so much.