My Current State Of Things With SmartThings

@geko Am I missing something? My understanding of the instructions to assign a device to the HA07 is similar to pairing it to ST. ST only see’s it as one switch so how would the HA07 see it as two? The only way I have it even working with ST is with custom device type and SmartApp

Sigma Designs is stopping me, or rather their policies on z-wave development. They want it kept to themselves, fine; they can have it. While OZW make work just fine, it is a hack, unsupported by the platform’s sole provider, and insufficient to my requirements for a home automation platform worth investing in.

While I prefer zigbee, it’s too complicated (probably the prime reason most OEMs are choosing to go with z-wave), but I will always look for their solutions over z-wave (at least for now).

I’d venture to say that OZW is more mature, better documented and supported by larger and more experienced community than SmartThings. The whole Internet is one huge “unsupported hack”, yet it does not stop people from using it. :slight_smile:

It wouldn’t make sense to sell a dual channel switch if you could only control one channel, I guess. Your best bet is to ask @urman

[quote=“geko, post:23, topic:3624”]The whole Internet is one huge “unsupported hack”, yet it does not stop people from using it.
[/quote]

LOL. But I don’t see any solution that is dependent on a kernel extension as ‘open’.