Most accurate commentary on the lack of current day smartness

In all fairness to GE, I’ve been doing these dumb procedures with other brands for years. It is amazing though that the complexity only seems to be compounding each year.

1 Like

While the C by GE reset procedure is unnecessarily cumbersome, “accurate commentary” is about the last phrase I’d ever use in conjunction with anything from Gizmodo. The piece in question is no exception.

1 Like

I suppose you don’t like comedians either. :-). It’s just a funny commentary on the true state of the “smart” device experience IMO. Yet I have such high expectations for a publication that calls itself Gizmodo.

How about something called Verge?

1 Like

I guess they learned that 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi, 5 Mississippi, then turn on, and then 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi, 5 Mississippi turn off wasn’t too effective with the GE Links… they needed to add a few more Mississippis…

3 Likes

The real comedy gold is in the YouTube comments (which I normally would not read)

1 Like

The same Verge that published what was quite possibly the worst (and most widely mocked) “How to Build a PC” video ever?

2 Likes

The Links actually only require 3 seconds per on/off cycle…though you have to do it 5 times, which is almost as ridiculous.

1 Like

Ha! I remember there was a 5 in there, I thought it was seconds not times… LOL Equally comical (for those who don’t use them).

1 Like

I can’t believe I missed that. And all these years I’ve been striving for dual channel RAM…