I’ve been having an issue with presence sensing…I know, I know…very common thing it seems here, however, I have a little different twist. It’s only when I’m connected to my home WiFi. Elsewhere it seems to work fine so I don’t think it’s hardware related. It shows us located over 186 miles away in a city we have never even been to, but it is consistently sending us to that exact same location (Central MA to somewhere near NYC).
- I have high accuracy turned on
- I have disabled any power monitoring features related to Maps, ST, Life360
- I have given the related apps all the permissions they need
- I have increased the geofence radius
- I have cleared caches, forced stops
- Used both ST native presence and L360 and getting the same results
- Deleted and re-added both of them (ST and L360) and same results
- It’s happening exactly the same on both mine and my wife’s phones (both GS7’s)
- On a related note, the default weather widget seems to be reporting the same wrong location, but again, only when connected to home WiFi.
So, to me, it seems like the issue is with my home WiFi somehow screwing up my location. I don’t have any VPN’s, etc. I’m not aware of needing to set my router to a specific location, or is there? I have a G1100 router from Verizon FIOS if it matters.
Anyone have similar issues? What might some potential fixes be?