[OBSOLETE] Netatmo Weather Station

It has all of them. The only one I was trying to add when the errors were generated was the rain as I was trying to isolate the issue. Something is going on with the app. I should have checked there first. I’ll repost if there is still an issue once that is resolved.

Rebooting my Netatmo seems to have fixed the issue. I was able to add all of the modules without error. Sorry for the confusion.

Great! Thanks for the update

I was having problems selecting Netatmo devices in the Netatmo (Connect) Modified SmartApp (when I pressed Save, it complained that it couldn’t save the page). It turned out that obviously because my location was set to be outside UK, location.timeZone did not get defined (was null) and effectively lastUpdated(time) was crashing with NullPointerException. I finally fixed it by hardcoding the timezone:

def updtTime = new Date(time*1000L).format("HH:mm", TimeZone.getTimeZone('CET'))

Now it works like a charm.

@cscheiene if you add the capability “Thermostat” to the definition for each DTH, people can ask Alexa, Google Home and/or Cortana what temperature is at each station.

Good idea @SBDOBRESCU! Added and uploaded :smiley:

1 Like

Be nice if you could include the outdoor pollution level. I have severe allergies and this would be really good if I could tie that into a core piston to warn me to close the windows and doors at a certain level.

Just wanted to say THANKS for the App and DTH for NetAtmo temperature sensor! I followed the instructions and now have both the indoor and outdoor modules working in SmartThings. I’m in the US, FWIW.

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t think the information is available from the Netatmo API

Hi.

I have tried to install smartapp and DHT in accordance with the instructions above. However, when I try to connect to my Netatmo-account in my mobile app (IOS), the the app crashes every time. Any suggestions why this happens?

Nevermind, I found the problem. ClientID was not correct inserted (missed the last digit).

2 Likes

What would it take to add in the welcome camera to this?

A new DTH and a Connect app, getting the data from the same API for the following scopes:

read_camera
write_camera
Access_camera (after approval from Netatmo team)

Ever figure it out? I disabled chrome and then was able to use webview from play store but still get a webview error

I used my wife’s iPhone and worked fine

So using smartthings on an iPhone makes it work? That’s not good lol

Looks like an authorisation issue. Make sure you have enabled OAuth, your client if and secret in the app settings are correct, and also try the different serverurls

So I’ll try the EU url then, everything else should be good. On smartthings app it says webview isn’t present on device but only response was the guy that switched to iPhone to fix it lol

Tried both server url, same error about webview.