[OBSOLETE] Netatmo Weather Station

Great SmartApp! I just noticed that the barometric pressure measurements stay at millibar (mbar) readings and wont convert over to inches of mercury (inHg). Wondering if you could fix this on your next update? No hurry and thank you for all you have done.

Great combo @cscheiene dth and @ady624 webCoRE. Big WAF. She gets a text and a Sonos message when the air in the boysā€™ rooms has been refreshed and the windows can be closed! Thanks for all your work, guysā€¦

Thanks @SBDOBRESCU and @OrangeScuba

I have upladed a new version of the smartapp that should fix the pressure not converting correctly

3 Likes

Hi there, I just added a Healthy Coach module and to my surprise, it doesnā€™t use the weather station API. I looked around the Netatmo API and their smart home has two separate scopes. One for weather and one for home. Would it be too difficult for you to add a new scope and a new device type (NAHome) to existing service manager? It has the same param as the baseā€¦

I see that the two APIs are very similar. But with my limited programming skills and not a unit to test with, it might be difficult.
But if you want to try, start with changing line 395 in the smartapp from apiGet("/api/getstationsdata",["get_favorites":true]) { resp ->
To this: apiGet("/api/gethomecoachsdata") { resp ->

See what you get in the app and the logs

Thanks for your quick response. I tried that and also changed the scope and a few other things. It didnā€™t work, but I only spent little time on it. The bottom line is that I like nothing about it. I donā€™t want two Netatmo apps, I donā€™t like the widgets ā€¦ I am returning it and will get another station. Is just 40 bucks moreā€¦

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

1 Like

Well after thinking more about the advantages and disadvantages, I decided to keep the Health Coachā€¦ And today had a chance to sit down and modify the service manager/device type to create a Health Coach. Is in testing now, but so far so good :slight_smile: The structure of the ā€œhome coach dataā€ is very similar to the main weather station unit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you have both the weatherstation and health coach in the same smartapp, or did you make another instance just for the Health Coach?

I made another instance and a new DTH. It would be nice to have just one service manager, but I couldnā€™t use the same Oauth for both ApI callsā€¦

Update: the Healthy Home Coach connect app and DTH are working very well. I even uncovered the pressure sensor data, which is not used in the official app. It still puzzles me why they had to wrap a base station in a different API. All they did, was to change the variable names, hide the pressure and make a different mobile app for it. Anyhow, if youā€™d like to save the connect and DTH in your repo so we can have them in one please, let me know and Iā€™ll send the code your way. One thing Iā€™d like to see added to all DTH, is the last update time (time_utc variable). I think that would be a valuable addition.

For others, here is a recent Healthy Home Coach review:

Great! Yes, if you want to share the code we can keep them in the same place. Last update time is a good idea, will look into it :slight_smile:

I saved the code in my githubā€¦

Connectā€¦
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sbdobrescu/SmartThings/master/HealthyCoach.groovy

DTHā€¦

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sbdobrescu/SmartThings/master/devices/HealthyCoachDTH.groovy

Thanks, but both links takes me to the smartapp code

Oops, sorry about that. Iā€™ll drop the DTH the next time I am on a computer

Hi there, I have updated both the serv manager and the DTH to enable the last update time and also to be able to refresh the tiles on demandā€¦

This is how it looksā€¦

1 Like

Nice, I will incorporate it to the other units

1 Like

Nice work! Thanks for adding the Health Coachā€¦

Thanks, and thank you. I have added time for the min max temp also

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates! :grin: