[OBSOLETE] Netatmo Weather Station

Thanks for your quick response. I tried that and also changed the scope and a few other things. It didn’t work, but I only spent little time on it. The bottom line is that I like nothing about it. I don’t want two Netatmo apps, I don’t like the widgets … I am returning it and will get another station. Is just 40 bucks more…

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

1 Like

Well after thinking more about the advantages and disadvantages, I decided to keep the Health Coach… And today had a chance to sit down and modify the service manager/device type to create a Health Coach. Is in testing now, but so far so good :slight_smile: The structure of the “home coach data” is very similar to the main weather station unit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you have both the weatherstation and health coach in the same smartapp, or did you make another instance just for the Health Coach?

I made another instance and a new DTH. It would be nice to have just one service manager, but I couldn’t use the same Oauth for both ApI calls…

Update: the Healthy Home Coach connect app and DTH are working very well. I even uncovered the pressure sensor data, which is not used in the official app. It still puzzles me why they had to wrap a base station in a different API. All they did, was to change the variable names, hide the pressure and make a different mobile app for it. Anyhow, if you’d like to save the connect and DTH in your repo so we can have them in one please, let me know and I’ll send the code your way. One thing I’d like to see added to all DTH, is the last update time (time_utc variable). I think that would be a valuable addition.

For others, here is a recent Healthy Home Coach review:

Great! Yes, if you want to share the code we can keep them in the same place. Last update time is a good idea, will look into it :slight_smile:

I saved the code in my github…

Connect…
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sbdobrescu/SmartThings/master/HealthyCoach.groovy

DTH…

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sbdobrescu/SmartThings/master/devices/HealthyCoachDTH.groovy

Thanks, but both links takes me to the smartapp code

Oops, sorry about that. I’ll drop the DTH the next time I am on a computer

Hi there, I have updated both the serv manager and the DTH to enable the last update time and also to be able to refresh the tiles on demand…

This is how it looks…

1 Like

Nice, I will incorporate it to the other units

1 Like

Nice work! Thanks for adding the Health Coach…

Thanks, and thank you. I have added time for the min max temp also

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates! :grin:

More updates published :grin: Added timestamp to max wind, option to select 12/24 hour and cleaned up the layout

2 Likes

Nice!

Any chance you can get it to rain here please so I can test the Rain Sensor? Will be greatly appreciated as really cannot be bothered to water all the plants again today! :joy:

Thanks again for all your efforts!

1 Like

I wish I could upload you some of my rain, I have plenty :joy:

2 Likes

@cscheiene

Would it be possible to amend the Rain DH so we can use it as a trigger? ST does not have a ‘Rain’ variable although it has been requested from what I found but in this instance perhaps we could use ‘Flood’ Water Trigger? Or possibly Humidity where perhaps the variable/value could be used or even just a simple Contact Trigger?
It would be nice to be able to take the value from the sensor as the variable of course but not sure if that is possible at least not with ‘Flood’.I have not looked at webCore yet but was looking at the Automation Director App and the Rain module is not listed under any of the sections there.

Was hoping for your thought on this please?

Thanks,

Mark.

Everything is possible :grin:

But I really recommend you try out webcore. All the values from the Netatmo is available there, including the rain variable.

1 Like