[OBSOLETE] Netatmo Weather Station

So Sad… OTL

1 Like

May I ask you why? Just to understand, I’m not very experienced. Is the reason why all the work done is useless and you should do it all over again? Or because the programming language is different and not your knowledge? Sorry, my question is just out of curiosity, because many things I have at home use custom integrations that will no longer work, and this annoys me a lotMay I ask you why? Just to understand, I’m not very experienced. Is the reason why all the work done is useless and you should do it all over again? Or because the programming language is different and not your knowledge? Sorry, my question is just out of curiosity, because many things I have at home use custom integrations that will no longer work, and this annoys me a lot :sob:

The integration has to be completely rewritten. I’m planning to move away from Smartthings, so I don’t have any interest to make a new integration.

thanks for your answer. :frowning: So sad

1 Like

I’ve been slowly moving everything over to Hubitat. Netatmo works there.

What are the other possibilities to use the netatmo weather station in Smartthings. Will there be a integration with netatmo? @nayelyz

1 Like

Hi, @Flrdb!
In the devices catalog of the SmartThings app, I see the brand Netatmo but I don’t know what it includes, have you checked it?

It seems it’s a Cloud-based integration:

Also, as I see this integration was the combination of a SmartApp and a DTH, correct?
If I understand correctly, you need to make requests to non-local URLs which require access to the Internet. Edge drivers don’t have access to it, so it wouldn’t be possible without an app hosted by you for the Cloud to Cloud communication.

1 Like

All I get is a “Network server error, try again later”.
Also, doesnt a “linked account” listed in the smartthings app indicate an official service not a Dth, etc service?

Mmm I don’t get that error, for me, the connection was successful after I signed up but I don’t have any devices.

From what I can tell, it’s a Cloud-to-Cloud integration using ST Schema which is part of the current platform, not Legacy.

But, to check both, the issue and more details about the integration, please, help us contact the SmartThings Customer Support team. They have more permissions to check what’s going on with the integration and know more about it.

You can contact them by following one of these paths:

Through the SmartThings Web page

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”

From the ST app

1. Open the SmartThings app
  2. Go to the menu tab at the bottom-right corner.
  3. On this page, select the option “contact us” and then go to “Report a problem”
  4. Accept the generation of logs, fill up the form describing your issue as detailed as possible, and screen captures of the issue always help.
  5. Click on “submit”. The Customer team will receive this info.

Via email

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

I dont even get to sign in to Netatmo. The error comes immediately after the “select room” and before any connection/login or what comes next.
Am in Australia and last time I tried there was no smartthings support here and US couldnt/wouldnt handle AU?
Will try the “Report a problem” from App a little later today when I get home.

Its only for the thermostats

native cloud to cloud integration is for thermostats only, and is completely useless considering it updates every 6 hours. There has been a long discussion for years between Samsung and Netatmo to clarify who the culprit is, but nothing has ever been resolved …

the integration mentioned in this tread is custom, to connect the weather station and its accessories. This works well, but unfortunately the @cscheiene developer explained a few posts above that he is abandoning Smartthings, therefore he has no interest in completely rewriting the integration, so let’s get ready to abandon it, if I understand well that with the closure of groovy, it will stop to function.

1 Like

Can smartthings make a c2c integration for the weather station? The integration for the thermostat is already there.

If done as for the thermostat, there is no need to waste time, because it is useless. An update every 6h is useless. That integration is ridiculous :relaxed:

Sorry, this kind of integration is developed by the partner, not SmartThings. This means they have control over which devices are exposed to SmartThings, their configuration, and also the time interval of the updates. SmartThings only makes tests to see if the integration works as expected based on its configuration made by the partner.
In this case, if you want improvements to the integration I suggest you contact Netatmo’s support team and request them. They can make a certification request with the changes.

1 Like

@nayelyz

As you can see, Netatmo bounces, I don’t see a great collaboration between the two brands, I wonder why the thermostat is natively compatible if there are these misunderstandings. As I said, this integration is useless

Traslation of the answer of the Netatmo:

Good morning,
For integration you should contact Smartthings directly.
In any case, thank you for your interest in our devices and for your suggestions regarding matter.
I wish you a good day,
Alessandra

2 Likes

Hi, @Diegocampy.

I’m not sure why they have this idea. I already asked someone on the engineering team to see if they can contact them to check this situation.
I’ll keep you updated.

3 Likes

Any news here?

1 Like

no @Kunjila , I am an end user i have contacted both services bouncing the problem, i was waiting if there were updates from @nayelyz on samsung support. I don’t have much hope for that, but maybe if Netatmo is rolled out with Matter, maybe we’ll still have some hope.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’m just looking to buy Netatmo weather station + wind sensor … and when I go to ST app integrations there is an option for integration with Netatmo account … so the fact that it’s not working or it won’t work in near future is rather disturbing