Mobile Presence (WiFi or GPS)

(Wamble J) #1

I am wondering if Mobile Presence uses WiFi or GPS? I would prefer not to have the GPS constantly checking location (for battery purposes). If anyone knows if I disable GPS for the app if the mobile presence will still work. Right now it has been pretty consistent (on an iPhone 5). Thanks.

(Chrisb) #2

It uses GPS. Though the idea of using WiFi could be interesting.

(Wamble J) #3

The IFTTT location channel claims to use GPS, Cellular, and WiFi. Not sure if it would work if I disabled GPS and used only cellular/wifi. Wifi could be very reliable, however if it was only wifi it might be delayed response because it wouldn’t be recognized till you were right at home or even inside.

(DawgOnKing) #4
The IFTTT location channel claims to use GPS, Cellular, and WiFi. Not sure if it would work if I disabled GPS and used only cellular/wifi. Wifi could be very reliable, however if it was only wifi it might be delayed response because it wouldn’t be recognized till you were right at home or even inside.

Pretty consistent with mobile presence via GPS. The geofence doesn’t seem to accurately improve things too much.