Mobile Presence - How is it associated

(Davis Darvish) #1

I was wondering how does a mobile presence get associated to the hub. I ask because i frequently change phones and have a lot of smart apps that are associated with my phone. The only way i have figured out how to do this is to delete the device and add a new one from my new phone but that requires me to go in and remove the old device from all 18 smart apps i have which is a pain in my fucking ass… there must be a better way… right?

(Eric) #2

I’m no prude but that is obnoxious.

(Mike Maxwell) #3

Lmao!, pretty sure it’s via your account login.

(Jack Rabbit Slim) #4

Try Life360 app as your presence device. That way it is always associated with the app and no particular device. You will not have to change a bunch of smartapps every time you change phones either.

(Davis Darvish) #5

what is so LMAO about the question? are you sure it is with account log in? so what happens if i log in with my account on several different devices? then which one is it monitoring…

i was hoping to avoid using another app for this purpose. i rather understand how this works and have smartthings clearly document it. augh…

(Mike Maxwell) #6

Was laughing at the first reply you got, not your question.
Try being logged into the app on one device at a time, not both.

(Andrew Urman) #7

Each phone is its own device. Logging into another phone won’t transfer your presence to that device. I believe you can also only have one mobile presence phone per device.