Mobile device presence broken with iOS 11

I waited probably a minute. I waited long enough that the presence was correctly reflected online (which it hadn’t before I opened the application) and the app didn’t show the change.

1 Like

I see this even now before upgrading to iOS11. If presence does not update I have to open the app to make it. I just gave up as it’s all over the community that it doesn’t work consistently. It seems some it has only broken moving to iOS11 but for me it’s never been great.

Location Services set to run always.

It’s set to always allow here too. Same issue as @ahndee

Judging by your question, I guess you don’t have an update in the pipeline for tomorrow, don’t you?

We don’t have an app update in conjunction with the iOS 11 launch tomorrow but I have flagged the issue for the mobile team.

4 Likes

I’ve even tried resetting my privacy and location settings, and it’s better for a day, then goes back to only working when the app is open.

I hope they have know for a while!

Thanks for the update, it’s appreciated!

Apple keeps trying to make me update, I’m like,“No Thank You Mudasucka!”

Everything is working great and if I could freeze all updates I would.

Really want to update today!

26 days after this thread started. Nice!

1 Like

Should I or shouldn’t I is the ultimate question. iOS 11 and ST mobile app update on the same day?

1 Like

@Brad_ST Hey Brad! What’s the new ST app about today coinciding with iOS 11?

Please do let us know. Apple is running out of updates. Have to grab it before it’s all gone. :wink:

1 Like

It adds an annoying extra stepto adjust slider controls and no fix for presence.

Nearly 3 yrs plus on ST platform and mobile presence has been its weakest point. At some point in between it was rock solid. Mobile presence and app not showing the correct status.

Please feel free to delete this if it does not help. Came across this thread when browsing latest topics. I use Life 360 for my family and use the integration with ST as presence sensing for my other family members (I use Android but they all use iPhones). As a work around could you install Life 360 and integrate ST to L360 and use that to presence sense yourself?

Maybe the ST team could get some tips from August and offer them a Works With SmartThings badge for their new lock as a thank you.

2 Likes

Just upgraded to 11, and presence is now broken for me as well. Location is set for “Always”, and presence did not update until I opened the app

Yep. Today’s update fixed nothing. Failed to detect my arrival home and has been that way since I’ve started using the iOS 11betas.

Updated to iOS 11 today. And updated ST app and now it’s
BROKEN!
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage: @Brad_ST

I found it to work as long as I leave the app open in the background. (tested on two phones) Still waiting for the official fix.