Missing Devices Issues Migrating to New ST App

Support finally got back to me and said it was indeed a problem with the region setting, however they couldn’t change my current account to the proper region and I had to signup for a NEW Samsung account with a different email and migrate my devices over…???

Surely that can’t be the only solution. @wolfewl, were they able to fix your existing account or did you have to use a different email to create a new account?

@Brad_ST, can you please help?

I did have to create a new email/account. With that said, I was offered two options:

1. Start over with the new account (100% success rate)
  2. Have my account migrated to the new email/account (Subject to additional issues)

I chose option 2 due to the amount of devices I have. My migration went through without any issues and I’m now using the new ST account. The issues I’m experiencing seem to be in the new ST, not my account/migration. Good luck, if Brad_ST can help I feel like he will. He’s the man who got me through my transition.

You should be getting an update on your support ticket but you should be all set and able to see all devices on your new account.

@chrismar I’m exactly in your situation. My account was on the US region despite the fact that I’m in Sweden. @Brad_ST advised me to contact Samsung support to fix the region, which I did some months ago. I was told that fixing the region should save me from furture nightmares. Then, the Smartthings classic app more or less invited me to do the migration, I migrated to the new app and now I’m completely in limbo. While the classical app works ok, in the new app it’s a nightmare, nothings works right, not even a quarter of the devices are showing, the ones showing have weird names like from a time machine, cannot add new devices, etc… unusable… It seems that changing the region is the source of more nightmares.
I cannot believe that the only solution received by @wolfewl is to create another email and then another Samsung account.
@Brad_ST If it’s indeed a region sync issue, then cannot this be fixed properly from the backend? It’s pretty hard to grasp such a request to create another email and account. I don’t have another email acount, I don’t have another Samsung account, all other devices/gadgets are tight to one email/one Samsung account.

Thanks, @Brad_ST. I do see all the devices under the new account, however I’m still unable to control some of them. The ticket has been updated with the affected devices.

No. I understand the frustration but I don’t have the ability to change the region on the backend. That request has been made and escalated previously without luck. However we have been successful with creating a new account. If you have a gmail account you should be able to easily create a new Samsung account with a variation on that email address. While not ideal, you can create a new Samsung account for example@gmail.com with example+st@gmail.com, e.xample@gmail.com, etc.

The control issues seem like fairly standard routing/range/interference issues. I deleted a ghost Z-Wave node and ran several more repairs which may have improved device control.

@Brad_ST My region was changed before the migration by Samsung support. My account was on the US region since 10 years or so, then, after having a issue in spring you advised to change it to Sweden, since I’m in Sweden, after a lot of back and forth Samsung support changed the region, so I was on Sweden. Then, some weeks I think later, the classic Smartthings app wanted to migrate to the new one. So the moment I initiated the migration my Samsung account was on the Sweden region. So if my migration happened while I was on the proper region, then is my scenario the same as the one described in this thread? Because maybe it’s not and then can be fixed on the existing account.

Unfortunately you are in the same situation. Your location currently won’t sync properly because of the region mismatch.

The region that is displayed does change when the Samsung account support team changes an account’s region which led us to believe that was a viable workaround to fixing this issue. We have since come to understand that changing the region does not correct the issue as attempting to sync a location with the new app is still not successful.

Changing my location back to US would fix it?

No that would not help. These are the two options and both require creating a new account:

@Brad_ST Ok, I created a new Samsung account (my original one is @gmail so I used the gmail trick with additional email addresses on the same gmail account). I would like to go with option #2 as mentioned above in the thread (so I don’t add again all my devices as they are a lot, but instead I would like them migrated to the new account). What shall I do next? Do I create a new location there in the new account? Am I doing it online via the api? Do I setup the new app on my mobile with the new Samsung account and create the location from there? Do I need to create any location at all? Am I telling you here on the forum the details of what account to be moved where?
On the support mailbox no one answered to my tickets for months (I got even an automatic email saying sorry for the delay but if my issue is solved they would happily close the ticket), here is the only place where I got some feedback since June/July when the issues appeared. I would really like to get this sorted out as I see it got some momentum… got a couple of replies in 2 days… despite the headaches with a new account, at least if I see this solved, that would be super nice as it’s been driving me crazy…
Thanks!!!

With the new account, sign in at https://account.smartthings.com. Then update your support ticket with the details of the new account. I can then perform the transfer and let you know once it is complete.

@Brad_ST Brad, please see the ticket “Support request #1053009: Moving account data to the new account” for a follow up.
Thank you very much for you support.

1 Like

@Brad_ST I hoping you can help me as well. I’ve had the same issues as @wolfewl and osorin. I’ve put in multiple tickets, but the latest is 1057000

Initial issue was that i could not invite my wife as a member through the new Smartthings app. It worked fine in classic. My second issue is that i cannot add any new devices through the new app. If i add a device through Classic, in the new app they do NOT show up under devices, but DO show up under my home hub device list, but assigned to “no room”. I cannot control them from the new app, but CAN control them through classic, Alexa, ActionTiles and IFTTT. Basically 3rd party connects CAN access it but not the new Smartthings App.

History of Communication with Support:

1. My Samsung account was apparently linked to the India region (not sure why, as i’m in the US). Smartthings support suggested i ask Samsung to change my region to US. This was completed for my account. This did NOT allow me to invite my wife as a member through the new app. I was told to create a new account and start all over. I have 70+ devices and this is not practical.

2. I cannot add new devices through the new app . When trying to add a device, the device is never found. These are zwave devices, such as Sylvania flex strips, which are compatible. After several weeks of back and forth, Support told me to create a new account and start over.

I’d really appreciate if you could help migrate my hub and devices to my new account? I will update my ticket with these details.

@Brad_ST i updated my service ticket, but haven’t heard anything yet. Assuming the team is busy with the final days of migration to the new app. I’m kind of stuck until this issue is resolved. i can’t add any new devices or invite other members.

Can you sign in with your new account at https://account.smartthings.com? That action pulls the account from the Samsung account service into SmartThings and is a necessary step.

@Brad_ST Sure, i just signed into my new account. i don’t see any location or hubs in this new account right now.

@Brad_ST I assume you saw my ticket with my old account email and my new account email?

Before the transfer that is expected. I ran that transfer today and you should be all set now though.