Missing Devices Issues Migrating to New ST App

Ahh right :slight_smile:

I hope someone from ST will help you resolve your issues.

Perhaps the master fixer @Brad_ST

I love ST and invested a lot of time and money into it. I’m not an expert like most here, but, I’m extremely disappointed with the level of support I am receiving from ST.

Recap of my issues:

• Cannot create rooms or assign devices to a room
  • Cannot add new approved devices
  • Devices that did import will not control properly
  • Some approved devices did not import
  • Some devices reporting offline when IDE shows them online
  • Scenes did not import correctly, they are missing key functions (due to missing devices?)

At this point I’m not opposed to fee based support if it will resolve my issues and get me online again.

1 Like

Contacted ST tech support via phone again. Feels like starting all over even though I gave them my open ticket number.

The rep/tech had no clue how to deal with my issues, much less understand or resolve them. She did promise to escalate my case, again…

Where else can I post/go to try to get resolution to this?

@wolfewl Did you change your Samsung account’s region at some point? It looks like there is a mismatch in the region of your location and the region of your Samsung account which would cause sync issues.

I have not, but, now that you mention it I vaguely remember when I first started ST there was an issue with my account not being setup in the US… I remember having some type of issue and being told something similar. I don’t remember the issue or the resolution. I can say ST Classic has worked flawlessly for me.

At this point I will do whatever it takes to get back up and running. Thank you for taking a look and please tell me what I need to do. My case number is 1024279 if that helps any?!

Sorry to hijack, but can you take a look at my issue too @Brad_ST ? Maybe I have my thread in the wrong section or something but I’ve gotten no traction on it and phone support was useless as expected. This is basically crippling my entire home and automation.

MANY thanks to @jkp and @Brad_ST. I’m up and running on the new ST! Turns out I had an account configuration issue from a few years ago that bit me. BTW, all of my Monoprice sensors are working flawlessly, so they are compatible.

@wolfewl, sorry to hijack your thread!

@Brad_ST, I’m having a similar issue after to migrating to the new app, and I also recall having a region/country issue when I first created my Samsung account a while ago. As a result several of my devices are not showing up in the new app, however they’re still present and functional in the Classic app. Can you please help? Ticket # 1034582. Thank you!

Does your hub show in the new app?

@jkp, yes the hub shows up.

I don’t believe you are experiencing the same issue as the OP of this thread. Your issue sounds like some of the devices did not sync up between the apps after the migration. Contact support again and request them to sync them up. It may take them a few days to get it taken care of. They appear to swamped with a high number of support tickets in regards to the migration.

FYI assign your hub to a room if it isn’t already.

Another thing to try if you don’t want to wait, remove the devices (if not too many), remove any custom device handlers in IDE (if any), add the custom device handler(s) back in IDE and add your devices again.

If you have many devices with this issue or you don’t wish to do it, let support do it :slight_smile:

Thanks @jkp!

I have added the hub to a room and I’ve tried removing the devices in “Classic” and re-adding them in “New”, but it doesn’t work, I’m unable to add them. I can then go back to “Classic” and add them again with no problems. The strange thing is, the missing devices show up in the “Connected Devices” area of the details of the hub screen. They just don’t show up in the main device list, nor can they be controlled. Alexa is still able to control them too, and I’m assuming via the “New” app/integration since I removed Alexa integration from “Classic”.

Another problem I’m having is I can’t add new rooms on the “New” app. I’ll see what support says. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Thanks again!

How many rooms do you currently have? There is a limit of 20 rooms in the new app. The Classic app was unlimited.

@jkp, I only have 6 rooms defined and I want to add 2 more.

Strange! Now I amend my previous statement. You could be experiencing the country issue since you can’t add rooms and can’t add those devices back.

What brand/model are those devices? Are you using custom device handlers for them or just adding them?

@jkp, the missing devices are:

1. SmartThings button (IM6001-BTP)
  2. Two Z-Wave Metering Switches (Zooz ZEN15)
  3. GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module (12720)
  4. Reality Switch (Gen2)
  5. Leviton Z-Wave Smart Outlet (DZPA1-2BW)

All of them are natively supported via ST (at least via the “Classic” app) and I am not using any custom device handlers for them.

Yep, best you wait on ST support or @Brad_ST at this point

1 Like

Support finally got back to me and said it was indeed a problem with the region setting, however they couldn’t change my current account to the proper region and I had to signup for a NEW Samsung account with a different email and migrate my devices over…???

Surely that can’t be the only solution. @wolfewl, were they able to fix your existing account or did you have to use a different email to create a new account?

@Brad_ST, can you please help?

I did have to create a new email/account. With that said, I was offered two options:

1. Start over with the new account (100% success rate)
  2. Have my account migrated to the new email/account (Subject to additional issues)

I chose option 2 due to the amount of devices I have. My migration went through without any issues and I’m now using the new ST account. The issues I’m experiencing seem to be in the new ST, not my account/migration. Good luck, if Brad_ST can help I feel like he will. He’s the man who got me through my transition.

You should be getting an update on your support ticket but you should be all set and able to see all devices on your new account.