MiPow Playbulb w/ Chip (or Raspberry Pi w/Bluetooth dongle)

I finally got around to checking out my new candles with the Raspberry Pi that I setup a couple weeks ago. All looked really good on the Pi. I was able to run ‘hcitool lescan’ and get my MAC Address of the bulb. Loaded up /playbulb.php?config=true from a separate PC to see that it was setup with candle1. I also ran find_handle.sh with no issues and saw my handles should match up to your default.

I also have no issues installing the Device Handler and setting up a device in SmartThings.

However, of course, nothing happens when I try use the device I setup. I believe it is certainly trying to do something though…the second I attempt to do anything with the device I created in SmartThings the bulb is no long discoverable in my Playbulb app. As soon as I reboot my Pi, I can discover and use it again through the app. I can repeat that over and over again, so I know my Pi is connecting and attempting to do something with bulb. Also, as soon as I try to do anything with my ST device, find_handle.sh starts to fail saying device is busy. Need to reboot my Pi to use the tool again.

I make sure to disconnect the bulb from the Playbulb app before attempting to use it through ST.

I am not entirely sure where to go from here. I’d like to test out whatever I can bypassing SmartThings to see if I can the bulb to work through linux. Any ideas? I’m far from a linux expert…just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks for putting this together!

Brad